Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: CARICEL - Jamaica's third mobile services provider

If the sale of the company is the only recourse to get out of this dilemma, then they are in far greater problems, for Caricel is so tainted, I'm not even sure any one would risk their billions to buy it given the tangled mess it is in and the fact they had very little time to build up their subscriber base to make the purchase worth it. Unless an investor can get it at a deeply discounted price with some reassurance from the US, no way I see this sale can happen.

hmmm so anyone with any updates on this service?

For anyone who's in the old harbour area and are interested. There is a tent across from KFC where they are selling Modems.

They seem to have updated their website too, where you can go and order a modem and have it delivered to you.

For more details call the number on their website.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    For anyone who's in the old harbour area and are interested. There is a tent across from KFC where they are selling Modems.

They seem to have updated their website too, where you can go and order a modem and have it delivered to you.

For more details call the number on their website.
    The whole delivery section of their site is down you get the message "We are unable to process your order at this time due to technical difficulties. Please check back the site for updates or call customer care at 614-4444"

When you call 614-4444 the number does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    The whole delivery section of their site is down you get the message "We are unable to process your order at this time due to technical difficulties. Please check back the site for updates or call customer care at 614-4444"

When you call 614-4444 the number does not work.
    If you call using a Digicel and it didn't work, try using a LIME mobile number. That's how i got to them the last time.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    If you call using a Digicel and it didn't work, try using a LIME mobile number. That's how i got to them the last time.
    I couldnt get them using my legacy lime or legacy flow phone. Had to use the digicel so idk

Any one having issues with the Mifi Modem when connected to a desktop/laptop. I get very slow download speed, less than .5/1mb, but the upload speed is okay. Dont get this problem when i am connected from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
    Any one having issues with the Mifi Modem when connected to a desktop/laptop. I get very slow download speed, less than .5/1mb, but the upload speed is okay. Dont get this problem when i am connected from my phone.
    Perhaps u have a virus

unlikely, i also connected it directly to a Ubuntu system via usb and was getting the same slow download speed.

Problem solve, it was a setting in the wifi, "WMM" I just change the wireless mode to b and g and untick that option and now i'm getting the full speed on my desktop. Just posting here for anyone else having the same problem.