Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: CARICEL - Jamaica's third mobile services provider

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    So won't government have to give back Caricel the $2.7b license fee paid ? ??
    I wonder if the government can amend the license to remove the concerns? I also wonder if they can also buy out the company as well...my modem is working again after getting a replacement sim. When i went over the company the loads of Hwuawei boxes showed they really invested a lot in further building out. Lots of high end vehicles and it was like a prison ...think i may have even saw the big man too oh boy. I feel sad for Caricel honestly cause i know others invested in this company

Then again the two local providers use that same chinese company in one way or another so it seems the issue is just the funding. Perhaps the government can take over the operations to protect consumers and just refund the amounts invested by that one particular person

i dont think they lack the funding... taking up a project like this you have to come to spend atleast for a year budget... im still waiting on them to reach west because im fed up of flow and digicel crap...

will the government revoke the license? what will our black leaders do?
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Saw the caricel lawyer on live at 7 this morning I just think it's best this company rebrand and do so fast before it's too late. Think it's name is tarnished due to the allegations.

Why not name it Jamcel since it's all Jamaican and owned by locals? I mean the whole caricel thing is just too sour of a taste in anyone mouth.

I always wonder and would love someone to advise...if a company rebrands can anyone choose to take up that brand and use again? Or is it under lock for say a few years... For instance, could another company use the LIME BRAND now that they rebranded? Or like the Cingular brand... Or the Viola brand or the Miphone brand... Who would own the rights to these brands when they cease to exist?

Could I or anyone else just choose to launch a company with this brand? Just out of curiosity tho cause I would gobble up a few

Based on the confidence of the Caricel Lawyer and Company secretary, I believe that this company might stand a chance of surviving. The government does not have the funds to pay back to the principals of the company if they revoke the licenses. On Live @ 7 yesterday evening, Mrs Lawrence sounded very strong and optimistic about the future days of the company, she even carried some of the companies products and modems to show, but that was not achieved. As the important matter at hand took up all the time. I await and see the position of the Holness Administration, and what the Response from the US Authorities will be.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...-over-spectrum

Caricel doges another bullet wow. How many lives they have?

Is it that they have a good legal team or some strong obeah? I mean they have faced so many obstacles and seem to overcome them that i have to wonder ....kudos to them tho i never know February would catch them still in operation. I hope they rebrand....Caricel is dead as far as the good name stands. They can never recover from the allegations wagered by USA,CANADA AND UK. I suspect the USA will step up their pressure. Dont be surprise you hear the other two providers facing some resistance in the US market as far as interconnection and cables etc.

You know, i would not be surprised if i hear that all of a sudden we loose the rights to view US cable channels. I expect them to apply pressure to broadcast commission to remove the remainder channels as i know they gong to apply major pressure in one form or the next. Even if it doesnt apply to Caricel. Oh well i hope i am not giving them ideas now as they seem to be quite avid/wide readers.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...-over-spectrum

Caricel doges another bullet wow. How many lives they have?

Is it that they have a good legal team or some strong obeah? I mean they have faced so many obstacles and seem to overcome them that i have to wonder ....kudos to them tho i never know February would catch them still in operation. I hope they rebrand....Caricel is dead as far as the good name stands. They can never recover from the allegations wagered by USA,CANADA AND UK. I suspect the USA will step up their pressure. Dont be surprise you hear the other two providers facing some resistance in the US market as far as interconnection and cables etc.

You know, i would not be surprised if i hear that all of a sudden we loose the rights to view US cable channels. I expect them to apply pressure to broadcast commission to remove the remainder channels as i know they gong to apply major pressure in one form or the next. Even if it doesnt apply to Caricel. Oh well i hope i am not giving them ideas now as they seem to be quite avid/wide readers.
    It is the first step, but they are lucky indeed. But the major hurdle is to prove the US authorities wrong. If the US has evidence that the national security of their ICT grid and infrastructure is in jeopardy. Then they will not allow access, Caricel still has a long hard fight ahead of them. And the most important battle to win, is the one with the US. I am not so sure that the US will allow this company to interconnect with its ICT system, seeing that the US alleges that they have damning and factual prove. That Caricel is not fit to hold a Mobile spectrum license, and for it to operate as a telecommunications/broadband company.

Caricel to continue trading despite legal issues

Telecoms provider Symbiote Investments Ltd, which trades as Caricel, says it will continue offering competitive services as an LTE advanced telecoms provider in Jamaica despite recent court developments.

According to Minett Lawrence, company secretary for Symbiote Investments, the company will continue to offer a range of services to consumers on excellent terms and at affordable prices.

Lawrence noted that in the written decision of the Court handed down on January 24, the court gave consideration to the issue of national security, and confirmed that there was nothing before it to suggest that circumstances constituting the alleged threat to national security were in existence “at this time”.

“We wish to reassure our customers that Caricel has a valid domestic carrier and service provider licence to provide local, fixed and international services, and our spectrum licence remains intact. We continue to offer top of the line service to our customers, and we look forward to a speedy resolution of all outstanding issues in a manner that will benefit Jamaicans and the telecoms market,” she stated.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...l-issues_88466
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

The uncertainty is still here, the ball is in the court of the GOJ, they have yet to comment on the status of the licence following the court ruling. Maybe another tweet from the US Embassy will get the ball rolling again.

GOJ want Caricel to do road.. Money in the Bank for GOJ.. plus nuff a dem have major shares in Caricel.. lol

i really want to hear these damning evidence against Caricel...
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.