Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: CARICEL - Jamaica's third mobile services provider

The modem start pick up in my area (old harbour).
    Anyone else know any other areas that are getting signals
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Anyone Knows any information, as it regards to the voice services they offer. I sawed a voice plan promotion on the website, but I don't know if its landline only or cell. Also in the news, I heard that the US embassy officials have new evidence, which supports the notion that Caricel should not have DSML license. The Americans are also worried about the US registered Domain and ISP, rather than a local one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Anyone Knows any information, as it regards to the voice services they offer. I sawed a voice plan promotion on the website, but I don't know if its landline only or cell. Also in the news, I heard that the US embassy officials have new evidence, which supports the notion that Caricel should not have DSML license. The Americans are also worried about the US registered Domain and ISP, rather than a local one.
    That explains the US IP Issue

As of 1:40pm today December 31,2016 my caricel modem is without signal all over Kingston.... other persons I know experiencing th same thing

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    As of 1:40pm today December 31,2016 my caricel modem is without signal all over Kingston.... other persons I know experiencing th same thing
    The US Embassy has revoked the visas of two of Symbiote Investment Limited Key shareholders. The two are Minett Lawrence and her husband and CEO of Caricel Lowell Lawrence, and their son. The Embassy did this because, they said that they came across information and evidence damming enough againt the said former visa holders. The Embassy has also recommend to the Holness administration, that based on the new damming information the embassy has. The Government on the advice of the US, and the recommendation from the OCG. Must revoke the licenses. Because of the renewal of the same issue. Caricel has once again have to suspend service in areas of active operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    The US Embassy has revoked the visas of two of Symbiote Investment Limited Key shareholders. The two are Minett Lawrence and her husband and CEO of Caricel Lowell Lawrence, and their son. The Embassy did this because, they said that they came across information and evidence damming enough againt the said former visa holders. The Embassy has also recommend to the Holness administration, that based on the new damming information the embassy has. The Government on the advice of the US, and the recommendation from the OCG. Must revoke the licenses. Because of the renewal of the same issue. Caricel has once again have to suspend service in areas of active operation.
    Interesting. Heard the visas were revoked from December 1.

We hope that the government provides some details on the information they received. It would be good to know what its really about.

Its just so hard to get some good service from these Tele companies.
    Last edited by Dre'; Dec 31, 2016 at 07:32 PM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Bwoy Caricel really salt so? A wonder is a Digicel a voodoo dem?? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Bwoy Caricel really salt so? A wonder is a Digicel a voodoo dem?? Lol
    I'm lost as to what this company could be involved in why the embassy is so much against it

Yea.. when things reach that stage is serious business..

What's the source of the article @Nathan77791
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Yea.. when things reach that stage is serious business..

What's the source of the article @Nathan77791
    This ain't a technical issue as they not even responding on social media this seems their towers were completely taken offline as there is no signal whatsoever. Looks like they been told to stop broadcasting then