Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: CARICEL - Jamaica's third mobile services provider

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    Or it could be that they are piggy backing on GTT Communications network as most US companies already have unlimited plans.

Either way I don't mind having a US based IP address. I get to use Spotify and other apps without VPN connections.

Maybe this is the concern US has regarding jamaican using US IP addresses to do criminal activities.

in a Matter of time the details will be clear.
    The thing is it seems everyone has the same public ip address

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    The thing is it seems everyone has the same public ip address
    On mobile networks, EDGE, H+, LTE, LTE-A users will share a public IP address to internet are you are basically being proxied from the mobile carrier's private internal network onto the public internet.

i.e. This is expected.

With the shortage in IP addresses, even regular ISPs (non-mobile) users are no longer getting their own public IP address and you sit behind CG-NAT.

Here's a few Speed-test that I've done in the past, different times of the day in Kingston and Spanish Town.

Hoping that they will work faster and start having coverage in my area by April. That's the day i'll stop using Digicel and Flow data plans

Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Why they throttling??? Shouldn't Caricel in test 'Testing' phase be giving users the full 100 and then back it down when they go live officially..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Why they throttling??? Shouldn't Caricel in test 'Testing' phase be giving users the full 100 and then back it down when they go live officially..
    Think they might increase this speed in 2017 once other carriers go on board with the unlimited LTE, Flow has the capability and bandwidth if they desire and Digicel will go ahead with unlimited once Flow jumps on board.

Caricel wouldn't be in their right mind do advertising in the papers if they weren't ready for the general public and the others Mobile Carriers.

Expect the prices for the modem to not be the same 10,000 as i heard it was just a promotional or exclusive offering to university students.

Just have to wait and see....
    Last edited by Dre'; Dec 27, 2016 at 07:45 AM.
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

If you pay for 100 , then 100 you should get. No backing down when go live.

ping is looking nice.

What does a consumer need inorder to use caricel service?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

@pezz, reserve praise on the ping time as it likely to their locally hosted Ookla (Speedtest.net) server. On average it ping times are ~53ms and up between Jamaica and Miami for any carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    @pezz, reserve praise on the ping time as it likely to their locally hosted Ookla (Speedtest.net) server. On average it ping times are ~53ms and up between Jamaica and Miami for any carrier.
    The ping times are over a 200ms on average in kingston. I can't make whatsapp calls as the delay is so severe that it makes no sense. Throttling at such speeds is crazy it's their position to throttle at 7megs they claim I wonder if they don't have enough bandwidth as yet. Branding it as lte with those speeds is crazy. My wimax faster and my former adsl

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    If you pay for 100 , then 100 you should get. No backing down when go live.
    What I'm saying... being that they in 'testing' phase they should not be throttling, they should be giving users a taste of what they offer, getting people hooked on the service by giving them high speeds, getting their name out their with killer speeds.. then when they go live what ever you pay for you get..

Them throttling now is telling me that they not fully up and running yet to offer true LTE speeds..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Posting another set

MiFi Modem was picking up 2 bars and server selected is Miami, FL

This was done from Marcus Garvey drive area, not sure if this matter.

Last edited by Dre'; Dec 28, 2016 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typo