Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: CARICEL - Jamaica's third mobile services provider

What the sheet is this ????

Caricel, Spectrum Authority differ over payment for licence
    Information from Patrick Bailey, an attorney representing Symbiote Investments Limited, the holding company for emerging telecoms Caricel, appears at odds with Spectrum Management Authority (SMA) over whether an initial payment was made for the issue of a spectrum licence.

The spectrum licence for Caricel was signed off on earlier this year by the technology ministry but unissued, pending payment of the requisite fee of US$21 million ($2.65 billion).

High-speed service

Caricel plans to offer a high-speed, mobile internet service via an LTE network. It will also provide mobile phones, dongles and routers. The structure and cost of the packages to subscribers are yet to be disclosed.

Before last week, the start-up was touting that it would have been the fastest provider, but, since then, Digicel began rolling out its LTE platform in two cities - Kingston and parts of Montego Bay - under a $6-billion investment. Now Caricel's representatives are appealing to nationalism, saying they provide additional choice as a "totally Jamaican company" - a riff on Irish-owned Digicel, and now majority US-owned FLOW.

"Caricel will release information on it revolutionary, completely LTE-advanced network as well as equipment and plans when the official launch of the company takes place. Suffice it to say, our rates and plans will be extremely competitive and our technology delivery unmatched," said Bailey on Tuesday. "Our network is completely new, and not an upgrade or mix of old and new technologies, so therefore, we believe the consumers will find our offerings quite impressive."

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/artic...e-former-cable
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    What the sheet is this ????

Caricel, Spectrum Authority differ over payment for licence
    If you listen closely, you can hear David Bulter and Garry Sinclair cackling in the distance...

Man them not even come to being good yet and already money issues... sighhhh
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Here is my concern, in one breath they say
    “So, what we are really interested in is serving the underserved market, today. The people who can’t get access. It’s not like taking FLOW on in Cherry Gardens. We have a lot of people who can’t get access to the service and they are the people we are interested in,” Shaw said.
    and
    “We are interested in providing access to those homes that can’t get access to the Internet today. So we are not going to be taking on Digicel and Flow as a mobile player. We are focusing on providing LTE service to those who cannot get access now,” he insisted.
    then the article ends with
    Caricel announced it would be rolling out its LTE network within the Kingston Metropolitan Area (Kingston, St Andrew and Portmore) very soon
    If that is not a contradiction I don't know what is.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...icensees_64181

Man them not even come to being good yet and already money issues... sighhhh
    Can you point me to where the article said they are having money issues. I didnt see it
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

They should have kept their mouths shet until they had something solid to present to us. They are a business, leave the grand announcements with any substance to the government, that's what they are there for.

Their grand launch is a mess and they haven't launched yet.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Can you point me to where the article said they are having money issues. I didnt see it
    They are yet to pay the $2.65B fee for a spectrum licence...

They are yet to pay the $2.65B fee for a spectrum licence...
    That could be for many reasons.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    That could be for many reasons.
    Still an issue no???
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Still an issue no???
    We all know how the media works. However I read the article and nowhere it mentioned they didn't have the money.

It just said they haven't paid it yet.

When did they plan to launch their service?
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup