Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: CARICEL - Jamaica's third mobile services provider

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Thank you for this detailed analysis, No one can tell me that you are not some Network of Telecoms Engineer LOL. Whatever the case, it seems that Caricel has got the go ahead to carry on with Business. We have have heard nothing more about the corruption case, and the Governments decision on whether or not. They will be revoking the license (which is not the case the Government is looking at). But all in all, the country awaits to see what they have in store. I see their website has been resigned, also seeing this Caricel On-demand thing, don't know what that is about. So Flow has given me some good news today, as it relates to LTE for my area and all of Kingston. Hoping that this will come through in September,or early October.
    LOL No, I'm no telecoms engineer but I do have a Computer Science/Software Engineering background despite me specializing in something completely unrelated to CS and SE really... It helps in understanding alot of the underlying tech in mobile (and other such) networks.

I hope Caricel in future gains some competent talent, especially in Marketing, Branding and Engineering... The network unfortunately typifies most Jamaican businesses; poorly organized, no deference for marketing best practices and a severe lack of information that even the most established members of Corporate Jamaica suffer from. Let's see what they come with though....
    Last edited by Brandysull; Aug 4, 2017 at 03:20 AM.

Been hearing that Caricel is being sold to a South African Company. Anyone knows about this?
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    Been hearing that Caricel is being sold to a South African Company. Anyone knows about this?
    Nope, this is news to me. Where did you hear this from?. Caricel has been quite from the start of the year, haven't even heard from the Government as it relates to the licenses and operations decision going forward.

Nope, this is news to me. Where did you hear this from?. Caricel has been quite from the start of the year, haven't even heard from the Government as it relates to the licenses and operations decision going forward.
    A friend told me they heard it on Nationwide Radio today
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

A friend told me they heard it on Nationwide Radio today
    OK, that is interesting. I really hope that they change the name of the company though. The name Caricel is too tainted now, and besides I never liked the name to begin with.

Been hearing that Caricel is being sold to a South African Company. Anyone knows about
    First I'm hearing this is it true ?

Any new info on caricel? I have one a there mifi but it's slow
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 26, 2017 at 02:43 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by dowain View Post
    Any new info on caricel? I have one a there mifi but it's slow
    Nope, no new information about them. In fact, the vast majority of the country don't even know if they exist or not. I have seen some changes to the website. And they are still offering services, even though they have no social media accounts active to the best of my knowledge.

From the time period,when the Government was to issue a response. As to whether or not they will revoke Caricels operating licenses, or they will allow to continue to operate. Nothing has been heard since, the GOJ has no response to the issue.

And Symbiote Investments (holding and trading company for Caricel) has not been able to advertise widely in the media, and they too wont respond to questions about their continued future operations and investments.

Quote Originally Posted by dowain View Post
    First I'm hearing this is it true ?
    No one in the public is able to verify these statements. As far as I know, Caricel is still in the possession of Symbiote Investment Limited. Rumors are being circulated all over, enough factual information is not present to give credence or truth to the unverified and alleged information, that Caricel has been sold to another company.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 26, 2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

No one in the public is able to verify these statements. As far as I know, Caricel is still in the possession of Symbiote Investment Limited. Rumors are being circulated all over, enough factual information is not present to give credence or truth to the unverified and alleged information, that Caricel has been sold to another company.

I dont know if i can read too much into things but i noticed the other night i was roaming on Caricel as well as Digicel ...it showed roaming and when i looked in the cell details it showed Caricel/Digicel along with that it was roaming. As i say i cant read much into that but i think i even screenshot it but ill have to dig as i was toggling around the lte only settings etc thru the service mode.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 26, 2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    I dont know if i can read too much into things but i noticed the other night i was roaming on Caricel as well as Digicel ...it showed roaming and when i looked in the cell details it showed Caricel/Digicel along with that it was roaming. As i say i cant read much into that but i think i even screenshot it but ill have to dig as i was toggling around the lte only settings etc thru the service mode.
    I had a similar experience, when I forced my phone into LTE mode only. I saw where I was connected to both Flow and Caricel. Caricel/Flow showed up on my home screen and in my service mode. However, for some strange reason. I was briefly connected to Caricel LTE. Which is on band 13 700Mhz. I don't know what's happening to this company. Can't get anyone to talk to about the future operations of the company.