Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: CARICEL - Jamaica's third mobile services provider

Hey guys thanks for all your help bought one today. It is going fine so far the speed is slow for me but better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Hey guys thanks for all your help bought one today. It is going fine so far the speed is slow for me but better than nothing.
    The service is unstable to the point where i cannot use it anymore. The speed is consistently 300 KBPS. never over 1 meg . Idk what is happening

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    The service is unstable to the point where i cannot use it anymore. The speed is consistently 300 KBPS. never over 1 meg . Idk what is happening
    This is why Unlimited is unsustainable without Fair Usage Policies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    This is why Unlimited is unsustainable without Fair Usage Policies.....
    We have both said that on occasion. The doubters are finally seeing the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    We have both said that on occasion. The doubters are finally seeing the reality.
    Caricel has a rather advanced system that certainly allows them to route traffic properly... Plus they do have a fair usage policy and other restrictions as they certainly limit most ppl to 6megs and other restrictions but what's killing them it seems is they don't have the bandwidth so no matter now they restrict they just don't have the capacity to provide a reliable speed to every one in my view based on what I'm seeing.

Cause the speed is now Consistent at 300kbps and I turn on the modem like once a week.

Not much different than Digicel on their WiMax where the stations are overloaded with traffic causing users to browse/download at a crawl.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

At this point network operators are fully aware of the fact that WISP is futile... In order for it to be a thing we'd have to pay a pretty penny to piggyback on the mobile network like Verizon LTE (Installed) (up to $150 USD for 40 GB) provided the operator has adequate capacity to do so (who really is only FLOW and their enormous 20x20 Band 4 LTE network which will be employing 4x2 MIMO on the North Coast as against normal 2x2 MIMO AND the prospect of them adding 700 MHz or 850 MHz). I think FLOW should make Dekal Wireless into islandwide FLOW Hotspots, unlimited for FLOW subscribers with a FLOW ID and limited for others without a FLOW ID and a linked FLOW service
    Last edited by Brandysull; Apr 30, 2017 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I think FLOW should make Dekal Wireless into islandwide FLOW Hotspots, unlimited for FLOW subscribers with a FLOW ID and limited for others without a FLOW ID and a linked FLOW service
    I suggested that to someone the other day. Certainly I think flow should do something more with Dekal Wireless. I have not seen the expansion in that service that I was expecting especially in rural Jamaica. Westmoreland to be exact where it is needed.

Good day I have a caricel mifi the speed is very very slow I can hardly do anything. Does any body know there apn settings?

Quote Originally Posted by dowain View Post
    Good day I have a caricel mifi the speed is very very slow I can hardly do anything. Does any body know there apn settings?
    Don't have my modem with me however from what i know.

APN: caricel

No username , no password.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.