Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micro SIM vs Nano SIM

Question Micro SIM vs Nano SIM

So I'm planning to finally change out from my One X+ to a M8 or M9, but seeing on GSM Arena that both models only support Nano SIMS.

Does anyone know or have a phone in JA that only uses Nano SIM and using Digicel or Lime(Flow) that works, or would I have to get it cut?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    So I'm planning to finally change out from my One X+ to a M8 or M9, but seeing on GSM Arena that both models only support Nano SIMS.

Does anyone know or have a phone in JA that only uses Nano SIM and using Digicel or Lime(Flow) that works, or would I have to get it cut?

Why are you worried about the size of the sim? It is the same sim. Go buy your phone and stop being a noob.

Yes just cut your normal sim. Thas what I did.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I cut my digicel sim to nano sim and it works in my Moto X Pure (2015) fine here (Roaming)

Trick question this?? If you don't get it cut to nano sim size how else would it work?????

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Trick question this?? If you don't get it cut to nano sim size how else would it work?????
    i think he is asking if all sims will work once they are cut

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    i think he is asking if all sims will work once they are cut
    He asked if anyone uses Nano SIM and using Digicel or Lime (Flow) that works, or would I have to get it cut? so me still lost...

Anywayz,.. Once cut correctly it will always work.. I recommend using a SIM cutter..
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; May 8, 2016 at 02:48 PM.

Reason I asked is I had the older white sim cards Digicel gave you with the Nokia 3310 cellphones and had that chip up until I got my Android. I did the cutting manually and realized I had to cut part of the metal contact to get it fitting in the micro SIM slot, but it still wasn't picking up. Either I didn't cut it properly or the contacts were just too thick.

Had to get a replacement chip from Digicel and it was actually a bit smaller than the white one I had and still had to be cut to fit in the slot. Few years later that SIM stopped picking up in the Android and I finally got an actual micro SIM without the need for cutting. Since Nano SIMS are supposed to be smaller I was just wondering if anyone on here had like an iPhone or Android that used Nano SIM and if they had problems getting it working, or have to cut a Micro SIM.

Flexx answered my question so respect due.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I've cut regular sims both old and new to Nano... I've cut Micro to nano using an adopter.. all cut with the appropriate Sim Cutter and none give issues.

You generally run into issues when you cut the sim manually.

Doesn't Digicel carry Nano SIMs at thier carrier owned stores (i.e. Stores ran by Digicel themself?)? I mean, they sell the Galaxy S6 and S7 which use Nano SIMs. I'm sure a simple SIM replacement shouldn't be much of an issue. I changed my old LIME Nano SIM to the new FLOW Nano SIM the other day and only paid the price for a new SIM. Isn't it the same procedure at Digicel?

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post

Reading some of the comments.....reasoning and mental ability are so low on this site it's a disgrace. There really needs to be another tech site launched in much the same way shopinja came and revolutionized the classifieds section.

Bro I have an iphone 5s which uses a nano sim, I have cut a sim to nano and it worked fine although the cut sim had jagged edge. I then got official nano sims (which did not require cutting) from both Digicel and Lime, they work fine. Either way, cut or official nano sim they work fine in my experience. However, I would recommend getting an official nano sim for your phone.