Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia GTX 1080

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Yes it was 30%+ faster when it launched. Now they are almost equal. Thats why people are saying Nvidia is killing performance.
    I honestly think they do.
    My GTX 970 is my 1st nvidia card since my 8800GTX and to be honest, the GTX 970 seems to dip in performance with every drivers update and i know its a good card for the resolution i play...

All in all as Pezz mentioned...no one should feel bad about previous computer parts unless u bought something high-end close to a new launch after hearing about it...
    Even with the GTX 1080 i would wait as there are always TI versions and what not....

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    It's gameworks or failworks as disgruntled Nvidia users like to call it .

The 7970 was priced better but the 780 had much better power efficiency and better performance:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-79...eForce-GTX-780
    stop using sites like gpuboss, use proper benchmarks.

780 was newer than 7970 so it had better efficiency, but over time the perf difference really went down.

I wouldn't take that presentation too serious. Nvidia full of crap from them born and most of it lacked substance. the 1070 is significantly slower than the 1080, more than normal. Them saying its faster than a titan x could be the same as many of their claims, lacking the qualification that this only applies in VR and while using their specific rendering setup. Doesn't sound like they will have many units available at launch and this is just to undercut AMD and be first to market. People saying the founders edition will be whats available for a while in low quantity. Seems likely because the VRAM on the 1080 in particular is not being mass produced yet.

and people impressed by the 1070 should undersand that its a 6.5tflop card according to them. A 390x is a 5.9 tflop card. In dx12 its likely to lose to fury cards and be in trouble with a 390x.

Only way to be sure is seeing the the real benchmarks, not some cherrypicked gameworks games. if they ran ashes of the singularity they could easily put away any doubts as far as their dx12 support goes.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

after a year i'll take 2 1070s or a titan x depending on which one renders better. as with all of you im also curious what amd will do now

Well considering I have no gfx card in my current rig Im a happy consumer regardless... Waiting on AMD now..................

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    stop using sites like gpuboss, use proper benchmarks.

780 was newer than 7970 so it had better efficiency, but over time the perf difference really went down.
    If not GPUboss then what ?
    And nothin's ever promised tomorrow, today
    And nothin lasts forever, but be honest, babe
    It hurts, but it may be the only way.
    Console Pesant on me PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

Anandtech............................

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Nor should you use CPUBoss... They are heavily biased towards Intel and Nvidia, plus there is evidenced their results are derived from algorithms, not actual tests.

E.g., http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i...-Celeron-N2840

1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

^ loooooooooooool wtf is that!

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    ^ loooooooooooool wtf is that!
    The bias against AMD is real.

1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

lol wow... How does that site survive with such obvious bias ?

I just saw someone selling a xfx r9 nano for 350
    And nothin's ever promised tomorrow, today
    And nothin lasts forever, but be honest, babe
    It hurts, but it may be the only way.
    Console Pesant on me PS4

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    The bias against AMD is real.

Lol, I didn't know that till now still. Feel free to post the correct benchmarks against my unaware biasness.

Quote Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
    I honestly think they do.
    My GTX 970 is my 1st nvidia card since my 8800GTX and to be honest, the GTX 970 seems to dip in performance with every drivers update and i know its a good card for the resolution i play...

All in all as Pezz mentioned...no one should feel bad about previous computer parts unless u bought something high-end close to a new launch after hearing about it...
    Even with the GTX 1080 i would wait as there are always TI versions and what not....
    There might not be a TI version of these cards, but rather upgraded versions with the HBM2 memory.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow