Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia GTX 1080

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    People shouldn't feel burned. This is how technology is. The more extreme on the Nvidia side. 980ti owners might feel a way. That what happens when you buy highend.

Still no form factor like the furyX so I'm not jealous as yet.
    When you buy at full price...

This looks enticing however I am a bit hesitant with the reported planned obsolescence thing with Nvidia, wouldnt want to buy this and next year they cut performance when the release a new card.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

I actually woke up feeling pissed that I bought a GTX 960 for $199 at launch. Now by next month there will be a card offering 4x its performance for about 2x its price (the 1070). What is even worst is that AMD will probably offer GTX 980 levels of performance for $300. Technology is a ***** to keep up with.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    This looks enticing however I am a bit hesitant with the reported planned obsolescence thing with Nvidia, wouldnt want to buy this and next year they cut performance when the release a new card.
    Has anyone ever proved that ? I see people talk about it but I don't see evidence they actually do or plan to do it.
    And nothin's ever promised tomorrow, today
    And nothin lasts forever, but be honest, babe
    It hurts, but it may be the only way.
    Console Pesant on me PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Has anyone ever proved that ? I see people talk about it but I don't see evidence they actually do or plan to do it.
    Proof is in benchmarks, where you see 7970 = gtX 780
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I for one was shocked when I saw the news yesterday that the 1070 is releasing at the price tag of about $50 or so more than the current 970 and might perform better than the 980ti or even Titan X .

I was hoping to see AMD releasing their cards first so Nvidia would have to do price cuts earlier, but seems Nvidia has a marketing strategy here. My guess is that they want as much consumers to get their cards as early as possible, so people won't even bother with the new AMD cards, especially if they perform close to Pascal's.

We'll see how this goes in the coming months, but for now green team will be dominating the market again.

If these articles are accurate then this is going to be a great year for gamers :

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-detailed/

Espeically this one because there are a lot of talks of people wanting to support Vulkan over DX12:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-g...om-vulkan-api/
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Proof is in benchmarks, where you see 7970 = gtX 780
    Correct me if I'm wrong I didn't really keep up with last gen gfx but doesn't a 780 out perform a 7970?
    Console Pesant on me PS4

Correct me if I'm wrong I didn't really keep up with last gen gfx but doesn't a 780 out perform a 7970?
    Yes it was 30%+ faster when it launched. Now they are almost equal. Thats why people are saying Nvidia is killing performance.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Yes it was 30%+ faster when it launched. Now they are almost equal. Thats why people are saying Nvidia is killing performance.
    Hmm, I see I see.. Wasn't this all after their dreamworks thing ?
    Console Pesant on me PS4

Hmm, I see I see.. Wasn't this all after their dreamworks thing ?
    It's gameworks or failworks as disgruntled Nvidia users like to call it .

The 7970 was priced better but the 780 had much better power efficiency and better performance:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-79...eForce-GTX-780
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow