Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLU Dash X - Help

Default BLU Dash X - Help

Hello All,

I am a new member to this forum and I really need some help. I recently received a Blu Dash X and for some reason I am unable to get it to ring with an mp3 ringtone. I have both Digicel and Lime sim cards in and I just can't get it to ring with the song of my choice. If I take out my SD card it rings with the song but as soon as I include it, it goes back to the stupid default ring . I am able to get whatsapp to use the notification tone that I want so that is at least one good thing. I have even gone as far as converting my music to .ogg files and made each of my contact have to ringtone that I chose but still the phone has the stupid ring. Please help.

jomo Guest

Flashing it might fix it but what you said when you take the SD card out?

Save the music to the phone and take the SD card out set it an d then put it in, restart the phone to give it a chance to dumb down, lol

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Flashing it might fix it but what you said when you take the SD card out?

Save the music to the phone and take the SD card out set it an d then put it in, restart the phone to give it a chance to dumb down, lol
    There is no music on the SD card only pictures and apps. I had to create a ringtone folder in the phone storage and add the .ogg files there. I am unable to see the default ringtones and I suspect that for me to get to see them I would have to go further in my phone than I am capable or comfortable to do. I just cannot understand why the removal of the SD card allows the phone to ring. I feel like I have to give up the ringtone that I want or my SD card. I suspect I will have to flash the phone as you suggest. I am in Montego Bay can you suggest someone or somewhere that I can go to. I am a novice where this is concerned.

Thanks

try and boot into recovery mode, (Volume down + Power button) from an off state. Factory Reset from there wipe all caches and data partitions if u get those options. Download SdFormatter from https://members.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4. pop it in and see what happens

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DsMom View Post
    There is no music on the SD card only pictures and apps. I had to create a ringtone folder in the phone storage and add the .ogg files there. I am unable to see the default ringtones and I suspect that for me to get to see them I would have to go further in my phone than I am capable or comfortable to do. I just cannot understand why the removal of the SD card allows the phone to ring. I feel like I have to give up the ringtone that I want or my SD card. I suspect I will have to flash the phone as you suggest. I am in Montego Bay can you suggest someone or somewhere that I can go to. I am a novice where this is concerned.

Thanks
    Ok still a bit confused, maybe it's an issue with the SD card but... Ahh it's too early

I'm form montego bay as well and know a few ppl that work on phones and would not recommend any of them haha

Try the post above with the recovery mode if you're feeling experimental

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    try and boot into recovery mode, (Volume down + Power button) from an off state. Factory Reset from there wipe all caches and data partitions if u get those options. Download SdFormatter from https://members.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4. pop it in and see what happens
    So I should download the formatter on my PC and then plug in my phone? After I do this what should happen? And after whatever should happen what so I do next?

Why you using .ogg files ??? same happens when you use .mp3 ??
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Why you using .ogg files ??? same happens when you use .mp3 ??
    Yep same thing happened and that's why I converted them to .ogg because at first I thought the mp3 was causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DsMom View Post
    So I should download the formatter on my PC and then plug in my phone? After I do this what should happen? And after whatever should happen what so I do next?
    after you download the formatter, format the micro sd card with it, you will need to plug the card into your PC somehow

jomo Guest

Why not just try another SD card? They are pretty cheap last time I heard

I've had a weeknd ringtone for a whole now, gonna make some new ones soon

Did chop up busy signal whatsapp sonh fi whatsapp tines roo, dat did bad people hear 'gal a whatsapp' every second lol, drove certain ppl crazy haha

Dammit i need a new phone tat rings louder, silly Samsung