Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicel Play Now Charging $3,000 Installation Fee

Exclamation Digicel Play Now Charging $3,000 Installation Fee

Hey guys, called Digicel Play and was told that installation fee is now $3,000 all I can do is shake my head.

It may be a sign of things to come too because perhaps in a few months time there is a price increase. Bait and switch in full effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Hey guys, called Digicel Play and was told that installation fee is now $3,000 all I can do is shake my head.

It may be a sign of things to come too because perhaps in a few months time there is a price increase. Bait and switch in full effect.
    i always thought that there was a installation fee
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Nope I was told free installation ended two months ago. As far as I know since inception installation was free up until two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Nope I was told free installation ended two months ago. As far as I know since inception installation was free up until two months ago.
    However everyone knows that installation service could not be free forever, LIME (FLOW) charge installation fee and its on their website
    Installation cost: Standard Installation - $1,995. Non-Standard Installation - $2,995. All fees and prices do not include GCT.
    ,unless they have promotion..

This still does not show any indication that their will be a price increase so soon.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

You thought there wouldn't be an installation fee?

Free installation is normally for promotional purposes.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I am going to give the original poster the benefit of the doubt and assume the issue was how long the free promotional period lasted. Otherwise, he couldn't have really expected that a service with expensive infrastructure such as fibre cables would continue to be offered for free.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    I am going to give the original poster the benefit of the doubt and assume the issue was how long the free promotional period lasted. Otherwise, he couldn't have really expected that a service with expensive infrastructure such as fibre cables would continue to be offered for free.
    We can assume that if people request installation and fail to keep the service past 3 months then they would ultimately lose. I can imagine that alot of people took it and didnt know how they would finance the monthly payments and then have to disconnect...ultimately causing the company to lose out

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    We can assume that if people request installation and fail to keep the service past 3 months then they would ultimately lose. I can imagine that alot of people took it and didnt know how they would finance the monthly payments and then have to disconnect...ultimately causing the company to lose out
    You hit the nail on the head. Apparently some persons switch back after switching from FLOW.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Haha smh Jamaicans always crack me up. Digicel is the UNDERDOG in the market one would think they would have free installation as the underdog. Considering that free installation is a somewhat standard procedure in other markets it is not unreasonable to expect this here...oh wait nope welcome to Jamaica where people bend over backwards to defend companies and passivity runs through their veins.

It is the legitimate right of any customer to switch back to Flow if Digicel's service does not meet their expectations.

ROFL and smh you would think I am asking for the service for free each month. Jamaican's just do not think which is why the country is in the state it is it.

As a rule of thumb if you are in a conversation with Jamaicans and find yourself agreeing with the primary view examine your position because the average Jamaica is not a well-thinking individual.

We all now how this works Digicel comes in as a panacea to Jamaica's cable, internet and landline needs similar to cellphones and then prices will increase etc. Similar to how Lime has better call rates and data rates (not speed) than Digicel.

You all just remember this thread.

@Thy if you don't understand a comment by another user please seek clarification next time before commenting as all your laughter and cynicism may just end up looking silly.

I meant that you did not expect the installation fees to remain free forever. As an underdog that means you are not making as much money as the incumbent or making none if you are just starting out and hence you cannot afford to foot the bill for an indefinite period. Companies try to entice you with free offerings but they are merely promotions. As you said, if you don't like the service you switch back to your previous provider... simple. I said nothing about having free service as the whole point of thread was about INSTALLATION FEES.

For the record Installation Fees are a part of the industry standard and applicable everywhere. In addition to the example provided by Dre about FLOW's fees please see some references in the US below.

AT&T - "You may self-install or pay $149 for a professional installation."
    https://www.att.com/shop/help/setup-...tion-FAQs.html

Charter - "Applicable fees may be found under One-Time Charges. This includes any one-time charges to your account since your last billing statement.
    These may include: Installation Fee(s): Fee for the installation of service"
    http://www.charter.net/support/my-ac...tallation-fees

Cox - "Self-Installation (mailed to your home) Starting at $20.00 one-time charge or Professional Installation Starting at $50.00 one-time charge"
    https://www.cox.com/residential/pricing.html

Time Warner - "Installation fees vary depending upon the services requested."
    http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/su...tion-fees.html