Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Local HD Channels

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    I spoke to a engineer at CVM, and he indicated that they are broadcasting in full HD 1080p. He also indicated that CVM is now Digital, as they are broadcasting over the air in HD via Free to Air. I think this is great news.
    I'm still gonna think they are broadcasting a very low compressed 1080i.. There are only maybe a handful of US cable channels that broadcast in full 1080p..

1080i and 720p are the HD standards due to them requiring allot less bandwidth than 1080p
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

So who picking up CVM HD signal with their antenna?

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I'm still gonna think they are broadcasting a very low compressed 1080i.. There are only maybe a handful of US cable channels that broadcast in full 1080p..

1080i and 720p are the HD standards due to them requiring allot less bandwidth than 1080p
    OK, I guess that's a fair argument. I did speak to the Head of the Engineering department at CVM, so hes the one who knows whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    LOL, I have no idea. The Person I spoke with, is the Head of the Engineering Department at CVM. He is the one, with all the information required by anyone seeking to get information.

I asked him if CVM was using HD for their Free to Air Platform, and he said yes. I also asked if CVM is in the process of transition to Digital, and his reply was "CVM is already Digital". Im not sure what he means by that, but I don't believe the expensive and tedious procedure of Digital transmission has begun. This could not happen without Public awareness, and the equipment needed for viewers who use Older analogue CRT-TVs to continue to receive and watch CVM.

I assume that he meant that CVM was digital, because they are now using Digital technology, but they are not broadcasting in Digital. Whenever you guys get the time, you can call them, to speak to their engineering department. Not everyone who answers give factual and accurate information, but for the most part. The Info provided is accurate and up to date information.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Persons would need a HD Antenna.. and CVM made no announcements so how would people know ??
    I doubt very much they have free to air HD...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Persons would need a HD Antenna.. and CVM made no announcements so how would people know ??
    I doubt very much they have free to air HD...
    I'm fully aware of the requirements to receive HD broadcast. I am speculating that CVM might be doing FTA HD broadcast in a limited fashion similar to what they are doing now with the news on their cable feed, I assume they might be doing it in a limited geographical area as well for as a test for example in Kingston, while they continue their full build out island wide (up grading transmission towers etc) for the 2018 deadline.

Could someone in Kingston hookup their Hd antenna and TV and do a scan during the news hours (12 noon and 8pm) and see? I recall in another thread someone picking up four HD signals but not able to view the channel and was wondering if it was Ready TV, I suspect CVM might be one of them.

It should be clear by now that CVM is far advanced in the digital switch over than TVJ, just trying to gauge their progress.

In a DM with TVJ's GM, I was told they output a HD signal...since late June that is. In addition, I was told that major cable operators are adding new encoders to show TVJ in HD. Apparently, the same is true for one spot media. However, digital transition (free-to-air broadcast) doesn't seem likely before 2018 based on the discussion.

They still not in HD on Flow..

Glad they finally stepped up. CVM's feed cleaner than even US based channels. Wasn't a good look for TVJ literally lol.

Can somebody on Digicel Play check if TVJ is in HD ...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..