Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Local HD Channels

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Channel info doesn't show the Channel as HD anymore.. on the guide CVM still has the HD badge.

Image definately not HD.. image is in center of screen now with some huge black bars..

Will check it back later during news...
    I'm seeing the news now, it looks like its back to HD. I don't know from which end the problem is?. Up until now, if you call Flows Customer Care center. I'm sure they will tell you, that from where their at, CVM is not HD. That's just crazy. I don't know what caused the transmission to go dark and low resolution for almost 48 hours. CVM or Flow has issues, when I last spoke to CVM. They said that the HD transmission is permanent, So what happen during the 48 hours of poor quality video is currently unknown. I don't know if you could find out anything, as to what is causing this issue.

Yea.. News is in HD now and I must say it looks stunning, makes me want to watch news and I don't normally watch CVM news.. lol

But same issue... allot of the content they cut to and splash screens are not HD, so it's still kinda junky...

You won't have much luck talking to anybody at Flow or CVM.. customer care people don't know much.. You'd have to talk to a technician buried deep in the company if you want any solid info..
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Dec 11, 2016 at 08:28 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Yea.. News is in HD now and I must say it looks stunning, makes me want to watch news and I don't normally watch CVM news.. lol

But same issue... allot of the content they cut to and splash screens are not HD, so it's still kinda junky...

You won't have much luck talking to anybody at Flow or CVM.. customer care people don't know much.. You'd have to talk to a technician buried deep in the company if you want any solid info..
    Yeah the HD quality is so much better. The video and picture quality is superior and the audio is good. Analogue and low resolution must be made illegal and a crime LOL. I do hope that CVM sticks to this HD transmission, They have to upgrade to Digital in the future. So They should take the time to upgrade in phases.

So CVM will be going off Air From 12:00AM to 4:00AM Tuesday morning. This must be something major, the reason they gave was for "maintenance".

How major can it be?

How major can it be?
    I'm not sure at all, but they choose this time frame, when most viewers are not watching TV. They said that it is for maintenance, but I'm not sure why it would affect cable platforms as well. I don't know if anyone can find out some information, for the cause of this.

Why wouldn't it affect cable platforms? CVM is the source of the content and the cable company is only providing a medium to get CVM's content to you.

I would guess they are doing maintenance on their broadcast equipment.

Regarding resolution CVM is likely using 1080i with very little compression. Their broadcasts in HD are cleaner than NBC and CBS which also use 1080i. ABC and Fox use 720.

CVM just needs to standardize the broadcast so all content is 1080i ... right now it's mixed..

News watch is 1080i but the splash screens/intro/outro are still 480 .. so they really need to update all those things.. and their camera crew need to start recording in full HD now when out in the streets..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Why wouldn't it affect cable platforms? CVM is the source of the content and the cable company is only providing a medium to get CVM's content to you.

I would guess they are doing maintenance on their broadcast equipment.

Regarding resolution CVM is likely using 1080i with very little compression. Their broadcasts in HD are cleaner than NBC and CBS which also use 1080i. ABC and Fox use 720.
    I said that because, up until 1:00AM, CVM was still up and running. I know that the proposed Digital Switch Over for Jamaica should begin in 2018. So I don't know if that is being slowly implemented by both CVM and TVJ.

I spoke to a engineer at CVM, and he indicated that they are broadcasting in full HD 1080p. He also indicated that CVM is now Digital, as they are broadcasting over the air in HD via Free to Air. I think this is great news.