Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Local HD Channels

Thank you so very much for you're quick reply, and follow up photos. I again called back CVM, and they said that their HD broadcast is a permanent feature, What I am uncertain about, is that weather or not the HD is broadcast on digital cable platforms only. Or are they broadcasting HD transmission OTA via their Free to Air platform.

Also how do you know what resolution they are broadcasting in?, I tried getting that info from the Operator, but she has no idea, as too did the engineering department about the HD resolution. The CVM on my EPG did not show CVM HD on the channel title, but the HD indicator is highlighted. It is only a matter of time, before TVJ follows suit, they are more capable. And have the market share to entice their transition in the very near future. We just have to wait and see.

I doubt they would be broadcasting in HD over the air...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

OH OK, If you don't mind me asking. Why do you think that?.

CVM would need to upgrade all antennas to broadcast a Digital/HD signal.. then you'd need to get an HD antenna or some kind of digital receiver to actually pick up the channel more so if you have an analog TV..

I see that being very tedious and expensive.

I think they will do it over time but TVJ should do it first as they are apart of the RJR Group.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    CVM would need to upgrade all antennas to broadcast a Digital/HD signal.. then you'd need to get an HD antenna or some kind of digital receiver to actually pick up the channel more so if you have an analog TV..

I see that being very tedious and expensive.
    Are they showing actual HD content or running upscaled footage?

Cheap HD antenna here
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YBPMSY6..._YlDnyb22QYJPZ

Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    Are they showing actual HD content or running upscaled footage?

Cheap HD antenna here
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YBPMSY6..._YlDnyb22QYJPZ
    Well as I mentioned.. CVM @ Sunrise and News seems to be 1080i .... but allot of clips they cut to are up-scaled 480, allot or commercials seem to be 720/1080..
    School boy football looks like 720/1080 as well...

Will all the people with Analog TVs be willing to go and buy HD antennas? Well I guess if they have no choice they will have to...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Live @ 7 is in full HD as well. I guess it will take them some time to upgrade all their content to HD.

So CVM has stopped using HD, Or Flow is having some issues. Yesterday Saturday evening the School Boy Football final match between JC and Cornwall College was being broadcast in a awful resolution. Looks to me like 240p. The Image comming from my cable box is dark, black and white at times and some dots flashing across the screen.

I cant believe CVM has done this, are they that broke that they cant switch-over to HD for Cable customers?. I don't feel like watching CVM anymore, the video quality is dark as hell. And no one knows what the issue is. The Customer Care agent at Flow is even worse. She is clueless about CVM ever being broadcast in HD. She said that she checked the TV at their office and the video is "Clear". I cant stand this, I have no idea if the problem is at CVMs End or at Flows.

Channel info doesn't show the Channel as HD anymore.. on the guide CVM still has the HD badge.

Image definately not HD.. image is in center of screen now with some huge black bars..

Will check it back later during news...