Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Local HD Channels

Default Local HD Channels

Well I think Flow Sports was first to offer HD as a local channel.. and now SportsMax 1 & 2 is broadcasting in HD
    TVJ and CVM need to step up them game big time and get with the program..

Can truly enjoy local sports on my 60" TV

Can somebody with Digicel Play confirm if SportsMax is in HD?

SportsMax

Flow Sports
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Apr 12, 2016 at 06:31 AM.

Sportsmax was first with HD and not Flow Sports. Both Sportsmax and Sportsmax2 are broadcast in HD on Digicel Play.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Sportsmax was first with HD and not Flow Sports. Both Sportsmax and Sportsmax2 are broadcast in HD on Digicel Play.
    Flow Sports was launched in HD... is just yesterday SportsMax started to Broadcast in HD on Flow..

Sportsmax was in HD from the launch of Digicel Play which was from last year. Flow Sports just launch recently, but I agree with you that Sportsmax was recently launched in HD on Flow.

So I am still correct.

I wonder what took them so long to bring HD on Flow..

Well ... CVM gone HD now.... never thought I see this happen so soon... but Big up CVM

Not all content on it is HD thou... But for the most part it's a step in the right direction...

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Hey I'm new to Tech Jamaica, and I am seeking some information. I too have notice that CVM is transmitting a HD Signal. What I would like to know though, is it a permanent feature. Or is the HD broadcast just for the ISSA School Boy Football season?. I had called CVM, and they indicated that they have been using HD since the start of the year, especially for the recently concluded Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

I was curios, as on Flows Horizon platform, CVM was not HD from the start of this year, and certainly not during they Olympic games. I called up Flow, and at first they had no idea that CVM was using HD, even though it was highlighted on their system. Eventually via twitter, they conceded that CVM has been using HD, but their engineers were still in the process of upgrading their system to offer CVM in HD. I think that process has now been completed, even though no formal announcement has been made.

What I am trying to find out is, is CVM now in the process of transitioning to Digital Broadcast?, Is the CVM HD signal only available on digital cable platforms, such as (Horizons from Flow, Digicel Play, DISL Ready TV) or is their free to air transmitters broadcasting simultaneously in Digital format, as well as analogue?. I wonder if TVJ will now follow suit, on their live chat on their website. They indicated that they are upgrading their systems, but do not know when it will be available to the public. I wonder if all three Free to Air broadcasters, are now switching over to digital transition, or at least in the testing phase, What do you guys think?.

Well they removed CVM HD from the title and it's now back to just CVM...
    From what I'm seeing CVM is mainly up-scaling 480 content to either 720 or 1080

It's mainly news and CVM at Sunrise you see in full 1080i but they still cut to allot of 480 content, they now also need to update allot of their splash screens and text to 1080.. even their CVM logo needs some work.

But all and all I still applaud CVM for their efforts.. lets see how soon before TVJ will catch up..

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post

What I am trying to find out is, is CVM now in the process of transitioning to Digital Broadcast?, Is the CVM HD signal only available on digital cable platforms, such as (Horizons from Flow, Digicel Play, DISL Ready TV) or is their free to air transmitters broadcasting simultaneously in Digital format, as well as analogue?. I wonder if TVJ will now follow suit, on their live chat on their website. They indicated that they are upgrading their systems, but do not know when it will be available to the public. I wonder if all three Free to Air broadcasters, are now switching over to digital transition, or at least in the testing phase, What do you guys think?.
    Well making in making the investment to go HD CVM or RJR would want the HD chanel to be done over the air as well as well as to digital Cable Operators. I think the Broadcasting Commission wanted all local stations to go digital at some point and was supposed to bring some digital to analog adaptors to market for persons who don't have newer TVs that can't do this conversion.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

OK, thank you very much for you're reply, I had called CVM again. And they said that their HD transmission is permanent. I wanted to find out if they are transitioning to Digital, but no concrete or factual information was there to present. The Engineer who answered the call, said that they were upgrading their transmitters, but could not be certain for sure. I was given a number to contact a fellow engineer, whom I'm told is in charge of that transition, from analogue to digital broadcast.

Based on Information from the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, the DSO Switch-over is not likely before 2018. After 2018, a date for analogue switch off will be mandated by the Government via the DSO steering committee and the OPM.