Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LG G5 vs Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Camera

Default LG G5 vs Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Camera

Capturing low-light scenes with the LG G5 and the Galaxy S7 edge is a hassle-free task on both phones. They are well equipped with OIS and wide apertures to handle low-light scenery, and you can't go wrong with either of them.

Still, the LG G5 has the advantage when capturing still images - it has a higher resolution sensor, with wider FoV. Throughout the scenes we shot, the G5 bettered the Galaxy S7 edge almost every time, even though not by much.

Switching to 4K video recording, the LG G5 once again edged the Galaxy S7 edge (forgive us the pun!), which makes it the overall winner in this shootout.

The Galaxy S7 edge has a significant advantage over the LG G5 at 1080p recording, capturing amazing videos unmatched by the G5 and it also offers a wider field of view in this mode. It often outed better colors than the G5 and is a lot more capable when shooting indoors where the light is really low.

So with the 1080p videos and the indoor shot aside, the LG G5 consistently won over the Galaxy S7 edge, so if we are to pick a winner for this low-light shootout - it has got to be the G5, though not by a large margin. Once again, though, both phones are very well equipped to handle any low-light situation you may decide to shoot, so you won't be disappointed by either of them.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g5_vs_sam...eview-1420.php
    Last edited by pezz; Apr 11, 2016 at 12:40 PM.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

So LG has the better camera, Removable batter and IR blaster.

Samsung failed. I expect Note 6 to have the same Camera.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    So LG has the better camera, Removable batter and IR blaster.

Samsung failed. I expect Note 6 to have the same Camera.
    Samsung failed? yu read one review that seh the g5 camera better "even though not by much" an a come talk crap bout Samsung failed, you've never even used any of the 2...LOL

Gueanteed nine if us can tell minor differences in the camera and ALL of us would be pleased with the camera on the s7 and s7 edge, and yes I have tested both on devices in stores... Lol window shopping

Anyway this means nothing yute, yu had to start a thread like this with no real evidence to support anything just some nut online talking about both...

Lmao, and don't forget that every camera can be tweaked, nothing wrong with the Samsung cameras

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Samsung failed? yu read one review that seh the g5 camera better "even though not by much" an a come talk crap bout Samsung failed, you've never even used any of the 2...LOL

Gueanteed nine if us can tell minor differences in the camera and ALL of us would be pleased with the camera on the s7 and s7 edge, and yes I have tested both on devices in stores... Lol window shopping

Anyway this means nothing yute, yu had to start a thread like this with no real evidence to support anything just some nut online talking about both...

Lmao, and don't forget that every camera can be tweaked, nothing wrong with the Samsung cameras
    Havent I seen you here talk about many phones you havent used?

I dont need to use a phone to know if the camera is better or worse than the other.

Will the S7 camera get better when someone else review it? Lol

I buy my phones based on camera first. Thats why i have a Note 4 which was the best camera phone at its time.

Not saying the S7 camera is bad. Its just not the best on top of missing other features. So it is off my list for this year.

Waiting the see what Note 6 is like before I buy anything this year.

Wait... How I start a thread without evidence? There are comparison shots and videos in the review. Do you even know what evidence means? Lol
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Gone are the days I buy a phone based on camera quality.. because as I said.. they all have more than decent cameras..
    I buy phones now based on the ability for it to HIDE my private files securely lol and Samsung does that well with private mode..

I know G3 and G4 has similar feature so I'm guessing it's in the G5.. also not feeling finger print on the back.. think I would have issues finding it quickly most of the times..

And I definitely rather capacitive and hardware home button.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Gone are the days I buy a phone based on camera quality.. because as I said.. they all have more than decent cameras..I buy phones now based on the ability for it to HIDE my private files securely lol and Samsung does that well with private mode..

I know G3 and G4 has similar feature so I'm guessing it's in the G5.. also not feeling finger print on the back.. think I would have issues finding it quickly most of the times..

Yeah that's reasonable and good thinking. Unfortunately I don't see it that way lol. But you are right.

For me the Camera is first.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Gone are the days I buy a phone based on camera quality.. because as I said.. they all have more than decent cameras..
    I buy phones now based on the ability for it to HIDE my private files securely lol and Samsung does that well with private mode..

You have the knock code on LG also so don't always have to take up your phone to access it.

I like once screen keys as the are versatile: able to be shift around, be invisible and get more of the screen estate and even add more buttons than the standard 3 at the front.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    You have the knock code on LG also so don't always have to take up your phone to access it.

I like once screen keys as the are versatile: able to be shift around, be invisible and get more of the screen estate and even add more buttons than the standard 3 at the front.
    How do you get more screen real estate with onscreen keys? I think its the opposite, which is why I don't like them. But I will take that compromise to get IR, Better camera and removable battery though.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    How do you get more screen real estate with onscreen keys? I think its the opposite, which is why I don't like them. But I will take that compromise to get IR, Better camera and removable battery though.
    There is a option in the settings to allow to show the keys when in the selected application.
    The list populate per app, i believe by default it hide the keys and makes use of all the screen.

Last edited by Dre'; Apr 12, 2016 at 09:50 AM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    There is a option in the settings to allow to show the keys when in the selected application.
    The list populate per app, i believe by default it hide the keys and makes use of all the screen.

Yes but what I am saying with hardware keys there is no need for that. You get full screen real estate all the time.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup