Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Meanwhile, All I'm getting is this....

338-020 is FLOW as well. It's disappered now so I suppose it's 338-180 now. Sigh

Digicel is going to blow the wind outta flow with this lte launch. I can tell them point blank that if they surely want to wipe flow off the earth they should consider white listing their sportsmax app or whichever live streaming app they have so people can watch TV on the go from their Digicel play within their package. After all it would all be local based data transmission. I wonder tho did they give that tester person a different data plan to use during test or is it the same plan...he needs to confirm that

3 Signal Bars vs Full Signal Bars
    Digicel LTE should be ready by summer the earliest...

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Nice to see that that they're deploying 10 MHz of Band 17. Foliage shouldn't really be an issue seeing that you're on 700 MHz (it has great propogational abilities). I'm more inclined to think that it has more to do with your distance from the site or the Site Transmit Power seeing that your RSRQ and RSSI are so low. Anyhow, it's looking good from this side. They look prime to deploy soon.

Hope they light some fire under FLOW's lazy *** so they can give them some feedback.

P.S. 10 MHz of LTE spectrum with 2x2 MIMO & 64 QAM can do to 100 Mbit/s on the downlink and 33 Mbit/s on the uplink with 16QAM... You're well within the edge-of-cell performance expectations.
    In all honesty when I'm Manor Park or generally on the flat in Kingston 8 area the speeds are crazy, similar what gprs internet is getting. However once you start to go up the hill the signal fluctuates alot. Let's see what will happen after today, I must say I am very excited with what I know is coming from Digicel. I depend heavily on high speed internet and I am very happy to see Jamaica evolving with mobile technology all thanks to Digicel.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    In all honesty when I'm Manor Park or generally on the flat in Kingston 8 area the speeds are crazy, similar what gprs internet is getting. However once you start to go up the hill the signal fluctuates alot. Let's see what will happen after today, I must say I am very excited with what I know is coming from Digicel. I depend heavily on high speed internet and I am very happy to see Jamaica evolving with mobile technology all thanks to Digicel.
    I must say once Digicel wraps up LTE for home use (overlap the wimax coverage) then they will have true highspeed all across the island....flow is silly to talk about not enough devices. As it would cost far less to provide businesses in areas of high theft with LTE fixed broadband than to keep running fiber and copper. I keep asking tho what data plan did they put u on ? You dont have to specify a name just say the amount of GB they give.

I like the upload speeds....but seeing that they have coverage in the manor park area its fair to say they planning to cover a wide area...not only the 12 cell sites that FLOW promising. I just think that FLOW manager talks a bit too much. He seems cocky and needs to shave. That live broadcast must've inspired Digicel to speed up the launch because FLOW is crazy

None of you have tried downloading anything yet?

Tether to you laptop or something and do a download.

Because atleast to me those speed tests means nothing.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    I must say once Digicel wraps up LTE for home use (overlap the wimax coverage) then they will have true highspeed all across the island....flow is silly to talk about not enough devices. As it would cost far less to provide businesses in areas of high theft with LTE fixed broadband than to keep running fiber and copper. I keep asking tho what data plan did they put u on ? You dont have to specify a name just say the amount of GB they give.

I like the upload speeds....but seeing that they have coverage in the manor park area its fair to say they planning to cover a wide area...not only the 12 cell sites that FLOW promising. I just think that FLOW manager talks a bit too much. He seems cocky and needs to shave. That live broadcast must've inspired Digicel to speed up the launch because FLOW is crazy
    Honestly I'm not sure about the data plan it's a postpaid plan....I just use the phone as I normally do and provide the necessary feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    None of you have tried downloading anything yet?

Tether to you laptop or something and do a download.

Because atleast to me those speed tests means nothing.
    Pezz it would have been easier to just post a url to a download site or something. When I get home honestly the last thing on my mind is fiddling with my phone... I just wanna go sleep bruh. I will turn on the hotspot and download something from it on my Mac later in the evening.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure about the data plan it's a postpaid plan....I just use the phone as I normally do and provide the necessary feedback.

Pezz it would have been easier to just post a url to a download site or something. When I get home honestly the last thing on my mind is fiddling with my phone... I just wanna go sleep bruh. I will turn on the hotspot and download something from it on my Mac later in the evening.
    Ok thanks................
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    3 Signal Bars vs Full Signal Bars
    Digicel LTE should be ready by summer the earliest...

Gorgeous speeds by Digicel....... GORGEOUS!

I laughed so loud when FLOW's managing director said HSPA+ is enough for Jamaica for now. FLOW is truly finished if they don't wrap up that deployment now.....

Any other places in Jamaica will be getting these lovely speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Gorgeous speeds by Digicel....... GORGEOUS!

I laughed so loud when FLOW's managing director said HSPA+ is enough for Jamaica for now. FLOW is truly finished if they don't wrap up that deployment now.....

Any other places in Jamaica will be getting these lovely speeds?
    What deployment?

Also you do realize HSPDA+ max is 168Mbps download and 22Mbps upload right?
    Tmobiles HSPDA+ provides 22Mbps and up at the moment.

So flow is right, HSPDA+ is good. Its just the quality of it, which currently is bad on flow lol.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup