Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Flow has me thinking of switching my postpaid mobile account from Digicel but when it comes to their home service i really want to switch from Flow I just dont have any alternatives at the moment. Both companies are dropping the ball.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    We don't need figures.. it's a known fact that Digicel's mobile user base is far greater than Flow's mobile user base, I also said that Digicel feels no real treat from Flow so that is a great reason why they are not reacting in the manner you think they should.

In-fact right now Digicel is slowly eating into Flow's Cable/Internet/home phone market, so if Flow is not careful they may run into issues there..

I don't see people blocking the streets and demanding faster internet from Digicel, 90% of what I see if people demanding is more data and better rates as I have said before.. and Digicel just always seems to apply band-aid fixes to everything.
    Teach dem I really to wonder, if we are all on the same island of Jamaica. I switched to Digicel in May with the nuff data and nuff talk could not be happier. Why would I need the fastest when the slower of the two suits my pocket just fine????

Flow cannot come near to Digicel's nuff data nuff talk and I threw away thieving LIME years ago for digi play. Imagine for a shade under $6000 I get a house phone, cable and fast internet why would I even look at LIME???

Frankly, anyone who is still with LIME both mobile or fixed needs a head examination.

Flow has data plans that seems better me, but maybe my head is in need of an examination.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Teach dem I really to wonder, if we are all on the same island of Jamaica. I switched to Digicel in May with the nuff data and nuff talk could not be happier. Why would I need the fastest when the slower of the two suits my pocket just fine????

Flow cannot come near to Digicel's nuff data nuff talk and I threw away thieving LIME years ago for digi play. Imagine for a shade under $6000 I get a house phone, cable and fast internet why would I even look at LIME???

Frankly, anyone who is still with LIME both mobile or fixed needs a head examination.
    Well, My head is just fine. Digicel has serious issues with Signal coverage and very slow data speeds. Its 2018 and many areas in ST Andrew and across the country dont have LTE access, and are stuck on Edge a lot. Also Digicels LTE is seriously slow. Even with their new LTE-A Network, its still way slower than Flow. Remember that LTE is not just about speed, but also about capacity. Flows LTE Network is snappy and smooth, even under heavy use. Flows LTE manages to pump out average LTE speeds of 48Mbps.

I agree that Digicels Nuff Nuff data and Nuff talk and Data plans are more competitive, but Digicel needs to optimize and increase significantly the capacity on their Mobile Network. I still love Digicel though, but their LTE Network is really mediocre. They need to change this, Digicel has many loyal fans more so than what Flow could only dream of. They should't disappoint their subscribers like this.
    Last edited by Nathan77791; Aug 25, 2018 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel20 View Post
    Flow has data plans that seems better me, but maybe my head is in need of an examination.
    Nope, your head is just fine. And in an optimal performance. Flows plans offer way more value for money, especially the GIG UP plans.

No one needs their head examined to accept facts. Flow has the better mobile network, Digicel got the bigger subscriber base.

Some individuals prefer value others prefer top speed. Personally, I prefer speed and will switch to Flow sometime later this year.
    Pick what works for you, no need to treat these companies like sports fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post

I'm wondering what exactly you speak of when you refer to Digicel as "value". Comparing Digicel's baseline plan to the comparable plan of FLOW's side (price wise), for $600 JMD more you get anywhere minutes, 2 GB more of faster LTE Data, free nights & weekends, Free Music Streaming & FLOW Sports. The difference is more stark when you look at Postpaid Core on Digicel vs. the top-end FLOW Lyf Postpaid plan. Both cost the same but FLOW gives you 2 GB more data (12 GB vs Digicel's 10 GB), 1000 anywhere minutes and on-net texts and other bells & whistles courtesy of FLOW. An additional plus is that FLOW's roaming packages have data, talk & text for use in 47 countries worldwide. FLOW is quite obviously better for value and it doesn't hurt that their network is zippier too. I wonder what else the naysayers will come up with when FLOW goes full LTE Advanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Well, My head is just fine. Digicel has serious issues with Signal coverage and very slow data speeds. Its 2018 and many areas in ST Andrew and across the country dont have LTE access, and are stuck on Edge a lot. Also Digicels LTE is seriously slow. Even with their new LTE-A Network, its still way slower than Flow. Remember that LTE is not just about speed, but also about capacity. Flows LTE Network is snappy and smooth, even under heavy use. Flows LTE manages to pump out average LTE speeds of 48Mbps.

I agree that Digicels Nuff Nuff data and Nuff talk and Data plans are more competitive, but Digicel needs to optimize and increase significantly the capacity on their Mobile Network. I still love Digicel though, but their LTE Network is really mediocre. They need to change this, Digicel has many loyal fans more so than what Flow could only dream of. They should't disappoint their subscribers like this.

I've spoken of the strictures that dictate the performance of their network. They'd have to shed some licenses and reconfigure BIG TIME. What you see right now is the peak of Digicel's performance. Only slight improvements can be made in future.

Digicel is hands down better in terms of value for money, there is no competition there. Hands down they are better. They offer data nights for 30jmd u get 1 gig to use at nights, they offer UNLIMITED talk, text, unlimited instagram, whatsapp, facebook, twitter, they offer unlimited rollover data, unlimited purchasing of plans.

FLOW on the other hand u cannot purchase over 1 gig for the duration of the plan. I wonder why they so mean. Like seriously ive tried sending a message to the liberty latin america ceo asking why the Jamaican arm of his company so mean. They skimpy with everything, can u imagine that they so disgusting to be offering 50 megabytes as free social media for my 400 jmd?!!

That is mean to the extreme. Meanwhile with digicel i can get unlimited whatsapp,facebook, twitter, instagram,snapchat to send as many text and as many pictures and videos as i want for an additional 50 or so per day i believe.

Unlimited Flow to Flow isnt even given on prepaid plans. Thats how skimpy they are. Giving the little minutes to call flow makes no sense because not many persons have flow. They have all these capacities and refuse to give the people more and i think i have identified the issue, the issue is the ceo of the local arm of the company. He doesnt believe in giving more. He seems like a skimpy guy. He seems like the mean type of man.

Cause in the past he was part of the team that thought 4g was sufficient for most part of the island. They need to appoint someone from overseas who knows better and use to better. Not someone from the old guard of the company.

Give unlimited mobile calls simple. Give unlimited social media at a cost. Give unlimited text. They can stay with their empty lte network. Digicel is super slow at times but at least am sure to have data. Right now i have 50 gb rollover and thats fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Digicel is hands down better in terms of value for money, there is no competition there. Hands down they are better. They offer data nights for 30jmd u get 1 gig to use at nights, they offer UNLIMITED talk, text, unlimited instagram, whatsapp, facebook, twitter, they offer unlimited rollover data, unlimited purchasing of plans.

FLOW on the other hand u cannot purchase over 1 gig for the duration of the plan. I wonder why they so mean. Like seriously ive tried sending a message to the liberty latin america ceo asking why the Jamaican arm of his company so mean. They skimpy with everything, can u imagine that they so disgusting to be offering 50 megabytes as free social media for my 400 jmd?!!

That is mean to the extreme. Meanwhile with digicel i can get unlimited whatsapp,facebook, twitter, instagram,snapchat to send as many text and as many pictures and videos as i want for an additional 50 or so per day i believe.

Unlimited Flow to Flow isnt even given on prepaid plans. Thats how skimpy they are. Giving the little minutes to call flow makes no sense because not many persons have flow. They have all these capacities and refuse to give the people more and i think i have identified the issue, the issue is the ceo of the local arm of the company. He doesnt believe in giving more. He seems like a skimpy guy. He seems like the mean type of man.

Cause in the past he was part of the team that thought 4g was sufficient for most part of the island. They need to appoint someone from overseas who knows better and use to better. Not someone from the old guard of the company.

Give unlimited mobile calls simple. Give unlimited social media at a cost. Give unlimited text. They can stay with their empty lte network. Digicel is super slow at times but at least am sure to have data. Right now i have 50 gb rollover and thats fine with me.
    Firstly, good luck on fully decrementing your 50 GB data bucket on Digicel's "LTE" network. Secondly, you obviously aren't very bright if your going to defending high ARPU incentives of which FLOW is looking to with the nickel & dime, for-every-man, BTL activities that Digicel engages in. You are also blithley unaware of the company's leadership which comes from the likes of Dish Network, AT&T, Verizon and the like... Liberty Latin America's CEO was the CTO at Liberty Global. Furthermore, Stephen Price operates based on directives from London, Denver & Miami. Balan Nair made it a mandate for all FLOW markets to be fully covered in LTE by 2020 and guess what? The coverage targets are doing exactly that. It is full time that if Jamaicans want to truly become the first world nation they want to be that concomitant with such are offerings that are disposed to more data (as education & access to information becomes more desired & pervasive).

You also made mention of how FLOW said that HSPA+ was enough for a great portion of the island at a time gone by. Such is indeed true. Usage patterns did not precipitate a need for LTE outside of Kingston, Portmore, Spanish Town, Ocho Rios, Mandeville, Negril & Montego Bay. In a time of good book-keeping, companies have to run at a profit. As such, FLOW has to (at least on mobile) continue to lead in technology to keep the edge & appeal to the customer with high spend. An example of this is where I've had expats come and ask where they could buy SIM cards with Fast LTE data. They did 9 GB of data for the month. That's $4k for FLOW or $30 USD in revenue which offsets low ARPU users like voice customers or those with sporadic data needs.

The telecoms industry is far more nuanced than you could imagine. It's not a "throw it & it'll stick" kind of industry. Your backend & frontend + your financial plan, marketing plan & revenue targets must be singing the same tune. Digicel appeals to third world countries because they cater & perpetuate the non-VAS that constitute the population's use pattern. I would like for Jamaica to grow up and act like the mature market it is. Enough of this 20 dollar for 1 GB foolishness and ask for somehting better like... I don't know? A free Netflix subscription with a plan or a rewards program that you can earn points with top-ups, on-time bill payment or plan activation. Freenis ago kill unnu man