Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    That's great, what are the speeds like?. You see any improvements, faster speeds?. Digicel responded quite quickly to Flows aggressive LTE takeover. Lets see how fast they expand and catch up to Flow.
    40-50+MBps on average...

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    40-50+MBps on average...
    Have a look at *#0011#... to confirm what band you’re on and the channel width

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Have a look at *#0011#... to confirm what band you’re on and the channel width

In that menu the phone says LTE.. why this model Note5 says 4G and not LTE
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Jan 20, 2018 at 01:39 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

In that menu the phone says LTE.. why this model Note5 says 4G and not LTE
    Couldn’t say really........ respectable speeds though.

Respectable is understatement.. These speeds faster than when I'm on Wi-Fi lol Need unlimited now..

@GPRS Internet

It is depends on the phone firmware that decides if it show LTE or to show 4G.

Some carriers wanted to mask the type of connection they were giving users. being that HSPA, HSPA+, WiMax and LTE are all advertised as 4G connections.
    of recently when they referring to LTE directly, they will say 4G LTE.

One example is T-Mobile US decided to market their HSPA+ network upgrade as 4G. AT&T decided to follow suit. I believe that all phones for those carriers show "4G" when they mean either HSPA or HSPA+. If you have a phone with ROM for another country for LTE then typically show "LTE". I get to understand that UAE phones also show 4G instead of the LTE, however shows the H+ and H different as well.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Respectable is understatement.. These speeds faster than when I'm on Wi-Fi lol Need unlimited now..

LOL, LTE is about 25x faster than my home connection... it's insane to be honest. Digicel needs to begin offering an unlimited tariff so that FLOW can up the game again lol

Flow offered 'unlimited' but it kinda lame so Digi never even feel the need to respond.. So I guess is Digicel need to act first, but knowing Digicel they wont.

Digi LTE seems stable now.. getting it all over mobay... LTE at my house and shop

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Digi LTE seems stable now.. getting it all over mobay... LTE at my house and shop

Excellent. Their competiton has taken notice of this development btw... They're planning something

Nevertheless, great speeds from Digicel and excellent ping too. Great to see both operators offering LTE in all of the population centers across the island.

In terms of what comes next... Digicel has a big obstacle to overcome i.e. FLOW's already outnumbered their site count. When the time comes for Digicel to add mid-band LTE (like 1900 MHz) to their sites, it'll become a headache... adding to the already ugly & terribly complex site setup. I suggest they learn a thing or too from FLOW and try to reduce their antenna count perhaps by decommissioning 2G 900 MHz & 1800 MHz. The site atop Baywest is a literal mess! Too many antennas!!! Look at FLOW's simple and uncomplicated site setup. 6 antennas in total for 2G 850 MHz and 1900 MHz, 3G 850 & 1900 MHz and LTE 1700/2100 MHz.