Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Interesting, Never thought that it would be located in T&T. I thought that it would be in Florida or Panama. Wish it was in Jamaica though. The NOC in Jamaica is reserved and just second tier.
    That's surprising to me as well always their NOC was locally. What about the Yallas place they have and I also wonder when they changed their noc to Trinidad as I thought they were moving away from there providing services.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    That's surprising to me as well always their NOC was locally. What about the Yallas place they have and I also wonder when they changed their noc to Trinidad as I thought they were moving away from there providing services.
    Yeah, seeing that Jamaica is a larger market for Flow. I would have thought that Jamaica would be the main market in the English speaking Caribbean to have the main NOC located here. But the decision to locate it there, must have been strategic. I guess the Yallas location may aid as a backup with the NOC in Jamaica, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Yeah, seeing that Jamaica is a larger market for Flow. I would have thought that Jamaica would be the main market in the English speaking Caribbean to have the main NOC located here. But the decision to locate it there, must have been strategic. I guess the Yallas location may aid as a backup with the NOC in Jamaica, I'm not sure.
    I think the Yallas location has a different utility... but the Trinidad NOC is actually for good reason. Trinidad has a huge concentration of Telecoms Engineers (UWI St. Augustine offers it) and the country is right at the meeting point of most of C&W Network's offshore capacity.

Ok... few places in Mobay now phone auto switches to LTE.. Signal is still not be best thou...

Last edited by GPRS Internet; Jan 15, 2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Ok... few places in Mobay now phone auto switches to LTE.. Signal is still not be best thou...

They just switched on some ZTE sites. Practically everywhere in Mobay should have LTE coverage soon. It’s still in testing though... considering they JUST finished upgrading those sites last week.

Just got this text from Digi...

Digicel is upgrading the mobile network in Montego Bay to deliver superfast LTE mobile internet. We apologize for any inconvenience it may cause.

Just got this text from Digi...

Digicel is upgrading the mobile network in Montego Bay to deliver superfast LTE mobile internet. We apologize for any inconvenience it may cause.
    that message should have been sent from weeks ago - and i think its affecting non LTE users as well
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    that message should have been sent from weeks ago - and i think its affecting non LTE users as well
    The 'issue' is affecting 3G users as they are doing a wholesale equipment change, from Ericsson to ZTE. So, the entire network is being reprovisioned and recommissioned.

LTE up and running everywhere in Mobay now.. I sense some works still needs to be done as when on LTE you'll only get 2-3 signal bars..

LTE up and running everywhere in Mobay now.. I sense some works still needs to be done as when on LTE you'll only get 2-3 signal bars..
    That's great, what are the speeds like?. You see any improvements, faster speeds?. Digicel responded quite quickly to Flows aggressive LTE takeover. Lets see how fast they expand and catch up to Flow.