Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Cool! FLOW has a few LTE sites that side as well, some in Duncans too I think and the major towns in St. Ann too. Glad that LTE isn't just a metropolitan thing.
    Do you need a new sim to access the LTE service because I have an LTE capable device and I haven't seen the symbol pop up on either network?
    MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ||| Sn10 OP5T Powered by Digicel & Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Digital D View Post
    Do you need a new sim to access the LTE service because I have an LTE capable device and I haven't seen the symbol pop up on either network?
    Yes, you will need to change Sim cards, If you're sim is older than three years old. Also ensure that you're device is compatible with band 4 1700/2100 MHz LTE for Flow. And Band 17 700Mhz LTE for Digicel. Both Networks LTE service is not widespread. For Digicel, thier LTE is mostly in Kingston and ST Andrew, parts of Montego Bay. And now some parts of Ocho Rios, Trelawney and soon hopefully other areas. Flows LTE Network is still in testing for the most part outside of Kingston. When thier LTE Network is fully turned on. It will be available in all of Kingston and ST Andrew, Portmote, Spanish Town, Mandeville, Ocho Rios, Montego Bay.
    Last edited by Nathan77791; Dec 13, 2017 at 10:47 AM.

For both networks, you do need an LTE SIM and a compatible phone i.e. a phone with LTE Band 4 (for FLOW) or 17 (for Digicel). For FLOW, this is a simple ordeal, LTE SIMs are labelled 'Prepaid Mobile LTE' on the front... not so sure for Digicel. Also, your location plays a key role, what town are you in exactly?

Ok thanks much @nathan77791 @brandysull I'll start there with replacing the sim and hopefully, I'll be able to chime in with my experiences.
    MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ||| Sn10 OP5T Powered by Digicel & Flow

Ok thanks much @nathan77791 @brandysull I'll start there with replacing the sim and hopefully, I'll be able to chime in with my experiences.
    You are most welcome, as mentioned by @brandysull you're location will determine if you have access to LTE at this time. If you are outside of Kingston and ST Andrew and the other areas mentioned. Then you won't get LTE at this current time.

Digicel really are snakes.. soon as FLOW LTE all over Mobay.. I'm now this morning getting Digicel LTE all over Mobay....

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Digicel really are snakes.. soon as FLOW LTE all over Mobay.. I'm now this morning getting Digicel LTE all over Mobay....
    LOL, that is competition. They have to respond, they have over two million subscribers. And losing any large percentage to thier competitors is not an option. I presume they will go full speed ahead in 2018 with thier nationwide LTE rollout.

Is it giving similar speeds to FLOW? I'm curious... MoBay finally in the 21st century at least. I'd love to see how they compete in terms of speed... Them averages FLOW pulling ain't no joke... and Digicel's microwave solutions aren't necessarily the steadiest of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Is it giving similar speeds to FLOW? I'm curious... MoBay finally in the 21st century at least. I'd love to see how they compete in terms of speed... Them averages FLOW pulling ain't no joke... and Digicel's microwave solutions aren't necessarily the steadiest of them all.
    Seems they testing or something... LTE not staying on phone... it keeps dropping back to 3G/4G...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Seems they testing or something... LTE not staying on phone... it keeps dropping back to 3G/4G...
    Take a screencap of Service mode (*#0011#) and tell me what you're seeing when you get back up to LTE. It could be 1900 MHz LTE.