Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Went Bogue Village/Fairview/Freeport and got no LTE.. the wait continues..
    These are the places where the data points were mapped.

The FLOW one was right so I guess Digicel's map is too.

Unless they were testing... but as mentioned I got no LTE when I went to those locations this morning...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Unless they were testing... but as mentioned I got no LTE when I went to those locations this morning...
    Could be some tests... I'll keep you guys posted if more info becomes available though.

Has anyone noticed that Digicel has been removing wcdma (h+) service in kingston? I notice that when I put my s8+ into wcdma only via the secret menu I see little to no signal in an area in kingston that normally had full bars up to last year. Seems they replaced it with lte. I notice that this perhaps may be the reason why my phone signal on my s8+ been low and missing calls as the phone keep cycling in to these modes where little to no signal exists. In order for me to get full bars I have to put the phone in GSM only smh. Else i miss alot of calls

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Digicel has been removing wcdma (h+) service in kingston? I notice that when I put my s8+ into wcdma only via the secret menu I see little to no signal in an area in kingston that normally had full bars up to last year. Seems they replaced it with lte. I notice that this perhaps may be the reason why my phone signal on my s8+ been low and missing calls as the phone keep cycling in to these modes where little to no signal exists. In order for me to get full bars I have to put the phone in GSM only smh. Else i miss alot of calls
    No clue. Stay on top of it, it might work out soon.
    28620899862803482534211706798 pi 101

It's a little known fact that Digicel has been shifting a lot of their UMTS traffic over to 1900 MHz (UARFCN 9898).... it appeared last September as their network began to outgrow the 2 carriers on 850 MHz they've had for the longest. Seeing that you have an unlocked S8+, I'd suggest that you try manually selecting 850 MHz UMTS. Their LTE network and 850 MHz UMTS probably share the same antennas so if you happen to be on LTE and don't see a switch down to 850 MHz, it's probably Digicel routing traffic away from 850 MHz UMTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    It's a little known fact that Digicel has been shifting a lot of their UMTS traffic over to 1900 MHz (UARFCN 9898).... it appeared last September as their network began to outgrow the 2 carriers on 850 MHz they've had for the longest. Seeing that you have an unlocked S8+, I'd suggest that you try manually selecting 850 MHz UMTS. Their LTE network and 850 MHz UMTS probably share the same antennas so if you happen to be on LTE and don't see a switch down to 850 MHz, it's probably Digicel routing traffic away from 850 MHz UMTS.

Your so smart. Yes and I wonder as I have a regular s8 and the s8+ both unlocked and the same signal issue on both. Had to set it to either tdscdma or wcdma /GSM to get any strong signal to receive calls.

Notice when I download the app 4g only from the app store and toggle the settings I see where the signal strongest on GSM only otherwise everything seems weak... And yes it must be a frequency issue as I at close to a tower at times and still have fluctuations

Your so smart. Yes and I wonder as I have a regular s8 and the s8+ both unlocked and the same signal issue on both. Had to set it to either tdscdma or wcdma /GSM to get any strong signal to receive calls.

Notice when I download the app 4g only from the app store and toggle the settings I see where the signal strongest on GSM only otherwise everything seems weak... And yes it must be a frequency issue as I at close to a tower at times and still have fluctuations
    Lol, it's all just observation. The carriers aren't doing the work they should be doing by informing the coustomers about what is truly happening so..... someone's gotta do it.

Digicel is the BIGGER, BETTER network and their primary objective is to make money. They do try their best and may make mistakes due to unclear situations. A developer who inadvertently made errors under intense pressure to meet deadlines might have lead to the biggest mystery known to man. I can't say if these are related but ask me for details if necessary.

Though unrelated to LTE (premise of this thread), Digicel has gone public with their new brand image and logo with Bold, in your face reds. I expect to see some good new campaigns from them soon. The website hasn't really changed and seeing as how it'll will form the basis of interaction with the company, I hope it's being redesigned as we speak. Really like what they're doing here. Let's see how the competiton reacts......