Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Hey Brandysull, could you give me a round up of Flows LTE Network again. It will be on Band 4 and by Year end 2018 85% of Jamaica should be LTE covered?. I also would like to ask of you, if you could. To please put in a recommendation to Flows Public relations/Marketing team, that YouTube with unlimited streaming, even at 480p. Would be a great thing to do. If not, could they at least increase the allotment for their two most affordable data plans. With Extra free MBs for the user to do what they want with it?. Thank you so very much, Godbless.
    LOL Trust me, I have that covered! ;D

Pertaining to FLOW's LTE network, I suspect that they'll attain around 80% population coverage by Year End 2018..... on Band 4 yes... However, FLOW has told me that they're fixing the issues with in-building penetration (whether by using 850 MHz spectrum - Band 5 or using 4x2 MIMO I'm not entirely sure but their equipment is capable). Expect them to add comprehensive Kingston coverage by Q1 2018 (which btw, it is pretty okay as is right now but definitely not as comprehensive as Digicel's)... The eNB count in Kingston is 44 or so, expect about 30 or so more in early 2018.... Right now they're doing installations and tests in Montego Bay (where I'm currently located), thereafter they'll be covering a number of towns on the North Coast. If you'd like to know their LTE network's expected penetrability... take close notice of when your device is attached to 1900 MHz HSPA+.
    Last edited by Brandysull; May 27, 2017 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I'd say about 5 or 6 sites......
    If they upgrade 6 more towers going in the direction of Mobay that would be good...

Fairview/Bogue Village definitely need LTE coverage ASAP
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

LOL Trust me, I have that covered! ;D

Pertaining to FLOW's LTE network, I suspect that they'll attain around 80% population coverage by Year End 2018..... on Band 4 yes... However, FLOW has told me that they're fixing the issues with in-building penetration (whether by using 850 MHz spectrum - Band 5 or using 4x2 MIMO I'm not entirely sure but their equipment is capable). Expect them to add comprehensive Kingston coverage by Q1 2018 (which btw, it is pretty okay as is right now but definitely not as comprehensive as Digicel's)... The eNB count in Kingston is 44 or so, expect about 30 or so more in early 2018.... Right now they're doing installations and tests in Montego Bay (where I'm currently located), thereafter they'll be covering a number of towns on the North Coast. If you'd like to know their LTE network's expected penetrability... take close notice of when your device is attached to 1900 MHz HSPA+.
    Thank you so very much I have excellent coverage where I am at, both on GSM and on "4G" (HSPA+) Network connection. My bars are always 100%, rarely does it go down to one bar. So I know when Flow has LTE coverage for all of Kingston. I will have a very strong Signal and connection to the LTE Network. Thank you so much again, Flows super-fast LTE Network needs large data plans and streaming MBs to go with it. As the current allotments for the current data plans are too small, and will run out very quickly.

jomo Guest

Jah know I feel betrayed

I downgraded to the 500mb a month plan on my post paid cause I'm tired of wasting money

And now they offer a 8gb 650 minute plan for new customers only....

How nice of you digicel

Same way they offer deals on phones for NEW post paid customers ONLY

But me.... Who has been paying 14 to 20 thousand dollars every months for well over 15 years....

I get nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Jah know I feel betrayed

I downgraded to the 500mb a month plan on my post paid cause I'm tired of wasting money

And now they offer a 8gb 650 minute plan for new customers only....

How nice of you digicel

Same way they offer deals on phones for NEW post paid customers ONLY

But me.... Who has been paying 14 to 20 thousand dollars every months for well over 15 years....

I get nothing....
    They want more like you. They already got you locked in.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    If they upgrade 6 more towers going in the direction of Mobay that would be good...

Fairview/Bogue Village definitely need LTE coverage ASAP
    LOL FLOW is upgrading their Fairview/Bogue Village tower as we speak.... One of their key sites in Mobay actually, it was one of the first sites to have HSPA+ in Jamaica, not just on LIME.. but anywhere in Jamaica, predating Digicel 4G..... (which was in 2012 but LIME had the 4G Experience Centre at Bogue most notably during the iPhone 4S Launch in Late 2011)

Digicel has a site nearby, I think it's the one by the Stadium, behind Herbert Morrison... haven't seen a single man up top doing upgrades of any sort (they usually add new 700 MHz panels to their sites whereas FLOW does some antenna re-configs at the equipment level and MAYBE an addition of another feeder cable).... To think Digicel has more sites than FLOW...... I suspect Digicel MAY be testing ZTE equipment under their current network configuration with the addition of LTE Band 17 in Jamaica.... FLOW took some time to go HSPA+ islandwide when they switched to Huawei (just like ZTE... a more 'cost effective' Chinese vendor) equipment in early 2015. Tests happened between early 2015 to mid-2015 (which also included compatibility with FLOW's LTE spectrum) and thereafter they began deployment... which concluded in November 2015. Thereafter, CWC began the core network upgrades which concluded in October 2016 and the 5 LTE test sites in Kingston was increased to 12, at which point the network went live to the public......

Thank you so very much I have excellent coverage where I am at, both on GSM and on "4G" (HSPA+) Network connection. My bars are always 100%, rarely does it go down to one bar. So I know when Flow has LTE coverage for all of Kingston. I will have a very strong Signal and connection to the LTE Network. Thank you so much again, Flows super-fast LTE Network needs large data plans and streaming MBs to go with it. As the current allotments for the current data plans are too small, and will run out very quickly.
    How things are going right now I think that the current 'promotion' will soon become the new allotments, with a slight adjustment to prices as well (maybe a $50 notch up.. which isn't too bad)... By 2018 we're likely to see a MINIMUM 350 MB for mobile data.... FLOW's way of doing things is more skewed towards larger, clearer, tarriffs rather than say a 1 GB Plan with 'free' allotments which have restrictions only found in the fine print which can ONLY be accessed online in the comapany's fair use policy or what-have-you.... And to be honest, Jamaicans don't really read the fine print lol...

As for their coverage... in Kingston... they have it down pat. I other places, like Mobay, users (especially on iPhones) see drop downs to EDGE and even GPRS all the time..... I constantly have to cycle my phone on Airplane Mode tonnes of times to re-establish on the WCDMA network. 3G is super congested in Mobay too... Even so, it pales in comparison to Digicel, which users see HSPA+ on but it's pretty slow in the packed areas in town. This never happens in Kingston.... FLOW & Digicel are superb.. to the point where I've heard FLOW & Digicel customers there complain about being out of LTE coverage whereas the rest of Jamaica just can't relate..... EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE GETTING EXCELLENT RECEPTION ON HSPA+... Speeds upwards of 10 Mbit/s everytime I test.... on BOTH NETWORKS!!!!
    Last edited by Brandysull; May 28, 2017 at 01:43 AM.

How things are going right now I think that the current 'promotion' will soon become the new allotments, with a slight adjustment to prices as well (maybe a $50 notch up.. which isn't too bad)... By 2018 we're likely to see a MINIMUM 350 MB for mobile data.... FLOW's way of doing things is more skewed towards larger, clearer, tarriffs rather than say a 1 GB Plan with 'free' allotments which have restrictions only found in the fine print which can ONLY be accessed online in the comapany's fair use policy or what-have-you.... And to be honest, Jamaicans don't really read the fine print lol...

As for their coverage... in Kingston... they have it down pat. I other places, like Mobay, users (especially on iPhones) see drop downs to EDGE and even GPRS all the time..... I constantly have to cycle my phone on Airplane Mode tonnes of times to re-establish on the WCDMA network. 3G is super congested in Mobay too... Even so, it pales in comparison to Digicel, which users see HSPA+ on but it's pretty slow in the packed areas in town. This never happens in Kingston.... FLOW & Digicel are superb.. to the point where I've heard FLOW & Digicel customers there complain about being out of LTE coverage whereas the rest of Jamaica just can't relate..... EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE GETTING EXCELLENT RECEPTION ON HSPA+... Speeds upwards of 10 Mbit/s everytime I test.... on BOTH NETWORKS!!!!
    OK, I really hope Flow and Digicel sort out the connections issues they have in those areas. One would have thought that Mobay and all the other tourist areas in the West and North would have excellent Network connections for GSM and 3G. With the LTE upgrade in progress, You and all the other users in Mobay should see vastly improved service quality and speeds From Flow.

OK, I really hope Flow and Digicel sort out the connections issues they have in those areas. One would have thought that Mobay and all the other tourist areas in the West and North would have excellent Network connections for GSM and 3G. With the LTE upgrade in progress, You and all the other users in Mobay should see vastly improved service quality and speeds From Flow.
    The question to be asked is if Digicel is planning to go lte home for their broadband modems. Notice lte on the 4g broadband modem last year so can any one shed any light on their wimax network tho

By 2018 we're likely to see a MINIMUM 350 MB for mobile data....
    350MB???? Or GB??????????