Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    You are making me Anxious, I await the officially launch of the Network. And I hope you could convince the team, organizing the data plans. To included unlimited YouTube Streaming and Facebook, even on their HSPA+ Network. As I dont think LTE will be all over Kingston or the entire country as a whole. And their HSPA+ Network needs a speed upgrade.
    HSPA+ is end of life... no further investments in HSPA+ in the pipeline AFAIK, most we will see is new site builds with HSPA+. However, how I see it is that FLOW will be phasing out 2G in the next year or so followed by removal of 850 MHz HSPA+ in order to buttress their low band capacity. Digicel is the only network who recently did additions to their HSPA+ network, adding a 1900 MHz layer (in Kingston at least), to alleviate congestion. Their network speeds have plummeted as of recent... even on LTE. I have no clue what happening there.

I will say again.. 4G/5G/6G/100G... all useless if our montly bandwidth will be low or heavily capped as it is now..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I will say again.. 4G/5G/6G/100G... all useless if our montly bandwidth will be low or heavily capped as it is now..
    But the thing is... Unlimited doesn't exist.. sooner or later, we will have a limit. Look at Caricel's network. Purely unlimited, customers can't get even 1 Mbit/s out of it... Larger caps upwards of 10 GB with free allowances are soon to come though.... from Digicel & FLOW

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    But the thing is... Unlimited doesn't exist.. sooner or later, we will have a limit. Look at Caricel's network. Purely unlimited, customers can't get even 1 Mbit/s out of it... Larger caps upwards of 10 GB with free allowances are soon to come though.... from Digicel & FLOW
    Good point. Would one rather unlimited that's useless or limited plans that scream with speed?

They will probably have to put some network throttling or deprioritization measures in place to keep the majority of users happy a majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Yea.. man I know unlimited is capped... but for example my FLOW internet pretty much has a very high cap.. I've never maxed it out and hit the cap... As I mentioned before I'm good with at-least 10GB per month.. I don't want blazing fast LTE that's gonna last me just a few days, as it is it takes me like 4 days to eat my 4GB plan if I'm not on Wifi.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Yea.. man I know unlimited is capped... but for example my FLOW internet pretty much has a very high cap.. I've never maxed it out and hit the cap... As I mentioned before I'm good with at-least 10GB per month.. I don't want blazing fast LTE that's gonna last me just a few days, as it is it takes me like 4 days to eat my 4GB plan if I'm not on Wifi.
    Flow said I used 256 gigs for the month on my home Internet. Wow looks like they even inflating the usage. Smh all I do is check email and me alone use that Internet I don't even watch videos on it as I don't have time. Cannot imagine if I was paying per use. Have to even wonder if my modem cloned as when I first got it change the technician came and dropped a modem with a number that belonged to a popular university.

I made a little bit of calls and didn't see it on my bill. Then after a month they switched the nunber to my old but the speeds remained at near 33 megs. So I have to wonder.

Likewise, I had a word with the guys at FLOW and told them that last month I did 16 Gigs over their LTE network (which is super easy to do & the cost is far less than in the US but way more than say Barbados). Essentially I got them to be familiar with the idea that there are high usage, high paying customers on their networks. Its from there they really listened to my tariff revisions.

Digicel may probably be thinking of carrying their RED Postpaid plans that they do in the Cayman Islands here. They offer up to 8 GB and actual unlimited social media + d'Music. FLOW does from 4 GB to a max of 25 GB of data bundled with 400 anywhere minutes and 2000 texts and a roaming plan to the US, UK, Bahamas & FLOW Teritories. That tops out at 149 KYD. That's over 20k a month. Jamaicans would riot if those prices came here especially since the network here is far faster than there. It's a tough call. The average Jamaican's pocket leaves our network operators little wiggle room to do really amazing things with pricing.

Realistically without Wi-Fi i'd need 20-50GB to carry me through the month based on my phone usage habits...

But I wouldn't want to pay maybe more than $4-$6000 for that.. and that's still paying allot.. The postpaid Digi LTE plans now cost too much and I think the highest is 10GB for $7500.. I ain't paying that..

Just waiting to see what will pan out...

I use up to 50 gigs or more per month and it cost me nothing.... Living Young, wild and #FREE ��