Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    LTE isnt something that you suddenly release out of thin air... It's months in the making and easily traceable.
    Well, when Caricel started to show their heads Digicel just up and announced they now offer LTE and they are the first to offer LTE in Jamaica ray ray.. they basically pulled that outta thin air..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Well, when Caricel started to show their heads Digicel just up and announced they now offer LTE and they are the first to offer LTE in Jamaica ray ray.. they basically pulled that outta thin air..
    Not really.... I mean, we knew that they had LTE all over Kingston. And in all honesty, FLOW & Digicel had been testing LTE since Late 2015. I haven't seen any data to corroborate that they've gotten additional coverage but who knows.......

Well ... lets see what the summer will bring.... I'm not so much excited about LTE.. I'm more excited about getting unlimited plans.. or at-least plans that can give 10-15GB data at reasonable prices...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

May not be Unlimited but it'll certainly be up your alley... something we thought we'd never had thought we'd have seen here in Jamaica

Sooooo.. given that FLOW's 'launching' in Summer, they'll suddenly restart their efforts? Even after the competiton is practially in every urban centre? That's silly....
    Flow will be officially launching their LTE Network in the summer period June to Middle September 2017?. If so, then great. Mr Price is starting his tenure as MD with a bang. Sawed him on TVJs Business report saying that Flow should be able to offer Netflix, and other streaming services on their Network. Once the infrastructure is in place, and the Horizon box approved by Parent company Liberty Global. These are exciting times for Jamaica's telecommunications users and Industry.
    Last edited by Nathan77791; May 17, 2017 at 12:47 AM.

True but let it be known that FLOW's become quite the agile company of late, LTE is coming with new additions to their existing plans. Big stuff coming soon tbh *my lips are sealed*. LTE isnt something that you suddenly release out of thin air... It's months in the making and easily traceable.
    You are making me Anxious, I await the officially launch of the Network. And I hope you could convince the team, organizing the data plans. To included unlimited YouTube Streaming and Facebook, even on their HSPA+ Network. As I dont think LTE will be all over Kingston or the entire country as a whole. And their HSPA+ Network needs a speed upgrade.

May not be Unlimited but it'll certainly be up your alley... something we thought we'd never had thought we'd have seen here in Jamaica
    I really hope so, Data runs out way to quickly with both carriers.

I like the way Flow and Digicel are progressing. Hopefully i'll have great Data coverage by the time i take my vacation.

Both networks are striving to provide world class, high quality data networks... Much to the envy other network deployments elsewhere in the Caribbean, second only to the French Antilles.

Though it took a while for LTE to get here, I feel the uptake will be much faster than in other Caribbean countries... especially in such a dense city like Kingston and heavily trafficked tourist areas like MoBay & Ochi.

When do you plan to get here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Flow will be officially launching their LTE Network in the summer period June to Middle September 2017?. If so, then great. Mr Price is starting his tenure as MD with a bang. Sawed him on TVJs Business report saying that Flow should be able to offer Netflix, and other streaming services on their Network. Once the infrastructure is in place, and the Horizon box approved by Parent company Liberty Global. These are exciting times for Jamaica's telecommunications users and Industry.
    There are quite a few people behind him who specialize in that area.... Though I would hesitate to say when the network will be launching, but it would not be a product of Mr. Price's tenure necessarily. FLOW's Mobile network has been revolutionized from the ground up in the last 3 years. From the Core Network to the RAN, what they're like now is a far cry from what they offered in 2014 for instance. They went full HSPA+ and by 2018 should be 75% LTE-A. Perhaps by 2019 we may be seeing Gigabit LTE making its way here, heralding the arrival of 5G here (I hope you all realize that LTE is the basis of 5G; it is an evolution of LTE). Jamaica is market rich with potential and I can't wait to see how they respond to a, dare I say, new and improved Digicel and FLOW.