Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

At baywest now... seems here has full coverage... not Flow speeds thou..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    At baywest now... seems here has full coverage... not Flow speeds thou..

https://preview.ibb.co/cwchfR/Smart_...0_09_13_55.png
    Respectable speeds tbh. Digicel has a cell site atop Baywest so you’d be able to get great coverage there. FLOW has their site right by the courthouse and it too had LTE installed way back in June/July. You could probably do a comparison between the two but FLOW’s AWS LTE network will invariably always outmuscle Digicel’s 700 MHz network... It seems too that FLOW tweeked the LTE threshold now so customers can hold on to LTE for longer. I’m a good bit behind an LTE tower and my phone would rather hang on to LTE than have full service on 3G. And that’s on iPhone! Hope they both look towards a mix of low and mid band spectrum for their deployments going forward.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 25, 2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: removed large pic from quote

I'm seeing where Digicel has already switched some of its sites to ZTE equipment in Western Jamaica. In fact, every site broadcasting LTE is using the ZTE ZXSDR BS8800. I have also confirmed that these sites are using Band 17 of the 10 MHz variety. As a result of this move, Ericsson has downscaled its operation in the country & region on a whole. Their only customer here is FLOW/Liberty Latin America. It wouldn't be a surprise if Ericsson re-emerges in Jamaica if FLOW goes with their equipment across the island (which maybe soon coming... given how pleased FLOW is with Ericsson in Kingston/South Coast).

Another note, Digicel's ZTE plan has added a bit of site complexity to their already equipment laden sites. Hopefully, in lieu of the huge selloff of RBS6000s they'll be doing soon, FLOW can pickup a few of them and relieve Digicel of the extremely complex site buildouts they have.

Just seems to me Digicel did some software updates or something to let our phones show LTE and basically no signal...

I can get LTE to show anywhere in Mobay now..

Just seems to me Digicel did some software updates or something to let our phones show LTE and basically no signal...

I can get LTE to show anywhere in Mobay now..
    They actually upgraded the sites in and around MoBay to LTE man... I do however think its still in testing. If the cues from FLOW sites are any good, they're probably familiarizing themselves with the new equipment so it will take a while for it to be up to the speed and quality of their previous deployments.

Hopefully it's sorted out before 2018 or early 2018 at least.

Hopefully it's sorted out before 2018 or early 2018 at least.
    Digicel LTE is super slow I have two note 8 one postpaid one prepaid and it's super slow in the hwt area I wonder if they don't prioritize postpaid traffic. Smh. Haven't seen videos buffer in ages

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Digicel LTE is super slow I have two note 8 one postpaid one prepaid and it's super slow in the hwt area I wonder if they don't prioritize postpaid traffic. Smh. Haven't seen videos buffer in ages
    Digicel has to start looking at doing sector splits, deploying new spectrum or upgrading backhaul to ameliorate that issue. I have seen this happen on a few Digicel devices however... LTE rentention rate isn't very stellar either. There are places where FLOW & Digicel have cell sites right by each other yet I can get great signal on FLOW LTE and NO LTE coverage on Digicel... Only 850 MHz 3G.

Samsung and iPhone in my hand... iPhone picks up Digicel LTE just fine at fairview... Samsung doesn't pick it up..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

is there a way to hack digi services