Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Yup, FLOW's already gone LTE-A in Montego Bay since May... they've also rolled it out it even more sites in Montego Bay. They'll also be widening the network bandwidth there to 20x20 on Band 2 after going live in Kingston with a simultaneous shutdown of 1900 MHz GSM. Given their current specturm holdings, there's no surprise here. Digicel's network will peak at 150 Mbit/s and FLOW's will peak at 225 Mbit/s now and 300 Mbit/s perhaps between end of year and Q2 2019.
    That's the fastest Digicels LTE can go with their current spectrum holding?. If Digicel added 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM, what theoretical speeds would we see?. I think Digicel should shut down their 2G network on band 3 1800Mhz. And build a stand alone 20Mhz Band 3 LTE Network, to complement what they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    That's the fastest Digicels LTE can go with their current spectrum holding?. If Digicel added 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM, what theoretical speeds would we see?. I think Digicel should shut down their 2G network on band 3 1800Mhz. And build a stand alone 20Mhz Band 3 LTE Network, to complement what they have now.
    Little to no phones could support that. It has to be North American spec network rudiments. Further, 4x4 MIMO doesn’t work on 700 MHz. Again, FLOW did their homework. What they need to work on coverage infill and deeper network penetration. They’ve got the speed department on lock and will continue to for the foreseeable future in my estimation.

Little to no phones could support that. It has to be North American spec network rudiments. Further, 4x4 MIMO doesn’t work on 700 MHz. Again, FLOW did their homework. What they need to work on coverage infill and deeper network penetration. They’ve got the speed department on lock and will continue to for the foreseeable future in my estimation.
    Digicel has a slice of AWS 1 Band 4, couldn't 4x4 MIMO work on their band 4?. Digicel is so secretive about their network specifications. I pick up a 1900Mhz 3G layer for them sometimes, if they could reform that to LTE and deploy it, then that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Digicel has a slice of AWS 1 Band 4, couldn't 4x4 MIMO work on their band 4?. Digicel is so secretive about their network specifications. I pick up a 1900Mhz 3G layer for them sometimes, if they could reform that to LTE and deploy it, then that would help.
    It really wouldn't. 3CA is a Cat 9 LTE spec. Most people only have Cat 4. which does 10x10 MHz CA of 2 bands.

It really wouldn't. 3CA is a Cat 9 LTE spec. Most people only have Cat 4. which does 10x10 MHz CA of 2 bands.
    OK, if you can though. Please put in a word to Flow about their not so stellar coverage in deep rural Jamaica. They have a lot of work to do there, and Im hoping the could enter some agreement with Digicel or Phoenix tower to share towers for coverage.

Not sure if anyone else saw this.
    But guess they silently confirm that their WiMAX service is being terminated.

Not sure why the image isn't showing. However this is the link below to their page.

https://www.digicelgroup.com/jm/en/m...broadband.html
    Last edited by Dre'; Oct 30, 2018 at 05:54 PM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Very interesting article: http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/busines...=MobileArticle
    I suppose we're in for some very exciting times ahead - of the anxiety-laden variety

Anybody having problems browsing for the past 3 or so weeks? I've tried shutting off LTe and just work with 4G but same issue. Email and stuff like whatsapp msgs work but cant load status or web pages watch vids, etc.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Anybody having problems browsing for the past 3 or so weeks? I've tried shutting off LTe and just work with 4G but same issue. Email and stuff like whatsapp msgs work but cant load status or web pages watch vids, etc.
    Yes, LTE signal is weak. I too switched to 4G only. But still had issues browsing the internet. It has gotten better since yesterday. But still have intermittent connection. LTE on the other hand, is still weak and unusable. Digicel has made commitments to fix the LTE issues in my Area and Three Miles. Still waiting for that to get done, how's your data connection now. Still having these issues frequently, or its in between?.