Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Firstly, good luck on fully decrementing your 50 GB data bucket on Digicel's "LTE" network. Secondly, you obviously aren't very bright if your going to defending high ARPU incentives of which FLOW is looking to
    Up to a year ago the said operatives were saying that the majority of users on their network did not have a smartphone or utilise the data on the said device.

Its clear FLOW doing the math wrong similarly to how they boastfully declared 1 mill subscribers and had to retract it. Brandy i hope u dont have any influence to the workings of that company as u seem to be quite okay with them looking after their bottom line first and not looking after the needs of the customer.

That is the issue with LIME FLOW or whatever they want to call themselves. They dont believe Jamaicans deserve better thats why for years they sat and allowed Digicel to gain foothold. They treated the Jamaican people badly for years and continue doing the same thing. They have no forward thinking because 50 megabytes free is beyond disgusting and remember its not only data. You top up online and u only get 25mins or so.

You need to tell them that they need to offer more. They have the capacity so they can do more. Revenue per user means nothing if the said users arent getting value for money and will switch if given a better deal or treatment. As bad as we talk about Digicel they clearly doing good enough to have over 2 million customers. FLOW keeps losing customers as there is no incentive to stay. I cant understand why i have to pay so much for megabytes of data. Megabytes. They wicked and management needs to go.

Yau'll Going in circles... I try to look at the situation for what it is and not what it should be, can them only hope for it to become xyz...

As i see it now...

Digicel = Facebook
    Flow = Twitter

Analyze that and see if you can make sense of it...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Yau'll Going in circles... I try to look at the situation for what it is and not what it should be, can them only hope for it to become xyz...

As i see it now...

Digicel = Facebook
    Flow = Twitter

Analyze that and see if you can make sense of it...
    Agreed. Quantity vs. Quality. Customers are still languishing on Digicel's HSPA+ network, seeing regular switchdowns to EDGE but not a soul complains. FLOW is doling out LTE left & right and even with 3G, still manages to keep users away from its now scaled back 2G network. As we transition to the capacity side of the LTE upgrades, will Digicel continue to Facebook-ify LTE or will it deliver the goods its customers deserve? Will we see FLOW continue to make consistent gains on Digicel speed wise into 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Agreed. Quantity vs. Quality. Customers are still languishing on Digicel's HSPA+ network, seeing regular switchdowns to
    I can't see the real world use of this big speed flow is building out. Unless they plan to go strictly fixed wireless for home services. I'm afraid that after these spending they will end up with a network with no one on it and people will just not switch back to them due to trust reasons. Trust is an issue with flow.

They trust Digicel more. So no matter if Digicel service is inferior they hold more weight to the company that flow. Trust. They don't trust flow word. I dont wrong them either...flow lyf, 1.99 ,2.
    99 per minute etc 99 cent per minute calling for 1 mill subscribers thing. Everything changes so quickly with flow and isn't replaced with anything better.

Topping up 20usd getting only 15 Intl minutes weird.

Is there any 20mhz LTE bandwidth in Jamaica that Digicel can acquire from the Government, to improve capacity and increase speed on their LTE network?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Is there any 20mhz LTE bandwidth in Jamaica that Digicel can acquire from the Government, to improve capacity and increase speed on their LTE network?.
    There is one 14 MHz that is sitting beside Digicel's current 11 MHz holdings on AWS (Band 4). They can easily migrate to 20 MHz but the issue is that even so, the network would not come close to FLOW's. Having turned down 2G on PCS means that the free space for LTE Band 2 combined with LTE Band 4 make for 40 MHz that can provide the company's subscribers (with 256QAM and 4x4 MIMO) upwards of 800 Mbit/s. Digicel can do minor adjustments but they've fundamentally gotten off on the wrong foot with LTE.

Just got a text from Digicel that super fast LTE is coming to Mobay next week.. and we should change settings to LTE..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Just got a text from Digicel that super fast LTE is coming to Mobay next week.. and we should change settings to LTE..
    Yeah I got the same message... I wonder if it'll be any good? Only time will tell I suppose
    Mobile Device: Google/Lg Nexus 4
    Desktop: MSI 785GT E63 Motherboard/AMD Phenom II 555 X2 (Unlocked to B55 X4) AM3 CPU Cooled by COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 Plus/EVGA NVIDIA GTX260(dead after 4 years of ardent service. R.I.P./2 x 2Gb OCZ 800MHZ DDR2 Ram/Corsair TX750 PSU/NZXT Tempest Case

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Hero View Post
    Yeah I got the same message... I wonder if it'll be any good? Only time will tell I suppose
    Its there new LTE Advance Network, Carrier aggregation with band 17 and band 4. Unfortunately it cant come close to Flows beastly LTE Network. Flow should be doing LTE-A in Kingston and ST Andrew shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Its there new LTE Advance Network, Carrier aggregation with band 17 and band 4. Unfortunately it cant come close to Flows beastly LTE Network. Flow should be doing LTE-A in Kingston and ST Andrew shortly.
    Yup, FLOW's already gone LTE-A in Montego Bay since May... they've also rolled it out it even more sites in Montego Bay. They'll also be widening the network bandwidth there to 20x20 on Band 2 after going live in Kingston with a simultaneous shutdown of 1900 MHz GSM. Given their current specturm holdings, there's no surprise here. Digicel's network will peak at 150 Mbit/s and FLOW's will peak at 225 Mbit/s now and 300 Mbit/s perhaps between end of year and Q2 2019.