Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huawei Honor 5X

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    You summed it correctly regards software updates and stock android. If the camera is a let down, then.....I may be disappointed. At 13mp, it should be good enough. I wouldn't say the same for Blu with their 13mp. I could look into the Moto X (2nd Gen), but I feel that the battery won't last. At one point, I was considering extending my budget to the Moto Pure Edition. Few weeks ago, Motorola had it on sale for $300. Missed a great deal.
    i bought the Moto X pure last thursday its pretty awesome only 2 qualms with it. its kinda slippery and i like my devices naked and the battery life is sorta sub par to what im used to but the quick charge charger charges it super fast so its not so bad but other than that its the best phone ive used for under 350$

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    i bought the Moto X pure last thursday its pretty awesome only 2 qualms with it. its kinda slippery and i like my devices naked and the battery life is sorta sub par to what im used to but the quick charge charger charges it super fast so its not so bad but other than that its the best phone ive used for under 350$
    Good to know you are enjoying the MPE. I almost bought one last year December, but changed my mind. Still hoping to acquire a new phone to replace my existing iPhone 4 this year.

You can twist twist the phone to activate the camera, or was the flashlight. lol. One of them will activate. Plus you can record in 4K. So you made a good choice. Was it bought brand new? Under $350? I should add that, the MPE price is somewhat close to the LG G4.

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Give me your honest review of the zenfone 2 please.

Also specify the version you have.

I am looking to get the 64GB version but never seen anyone with one before.

Thanks.
    I have the ZE551ML. Being honest here... please do not buy this phone, unless you are OK with RMA'ing it at least once. I bought mine 2 weeks after its release, it stopped working 3 weeks after so I had to send it back. I plugged my phone in to my PC to transfer some files to it, it shutdown and wouldn't turn back on. This is a common problem with the ZE551ML/ZE550ML. The fix is to remove the battery then put it back in but the battery is built-in so that needs a screwdriver. Apparently, the USB drivers for Windows sometimes cause a kernel panic on Android and this causes to OS to hang, which looks like its powered off.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    Good to know you are enjoying the MPE. I almost bought one last year December, but changed my mind. Still hoping to acquire a new phone to replace my existing iPhone 4 this year.

You can twist twist the phone to activate the camera, or was the flashlight. lol. One of them will activate. Plus you can record in 4K. So you made a good choice. Was it bought brand new? Under $350? I should add that, the MPE price is somewhat close to the LG G4.
    Got it for 242$ on ebay lightly used... actually the only fault i saw was scratches on the sim tray the rest was flawless. the twist motion opens the camera app. The cam is awesome... i had a z3 before and imo it shoots more consistently better photos but with a tad less detail in low light

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    Got it for 242$ on ebay lightly used... actually the only fault i saw was scratches on the sim tray the rest was flawless. the twist motion opens the camera app. The cam is awesome... i had a z3 before and imo it shoots more consistently better photos but with a tad less detail in low light
    If you were keeping your eyes on motorola's site, you could have gotten one brand new for $300 last month. Now Motorola at it again with their limited offers, this time, the price is at $350.

So I guess someone brought it down for you, right? If not, how much more you ended up paying custom?

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    I have the ZE551ML. Being honest here... please do not buy this phone, unless you are OK with RMA'ing it at least once. I bought mine 2 weeks after its release, it stopped working 3 weeks after so I had to send it back. I plugged my phone in to my PC to transfer some files to it, it shutdown and wouldn't turn back on. This is a common problem with the ZE551ML/ZE550ML. The fix is to remove the battery then put it back in but the battery is built-in so that needs a screwdriver. Apparently, the USB drivers for Windows sometimes cause a kernel panic on Android and this causes to OS to hang, which looks like its powered off.
    Thanks for the heads up,

I guess intel/android combo has some way left to go before they can truly compete. nvidia/android combo had issues in the past, hoping that is no longer true. Safest bet seems to be snadragon, exynos, Nvidia, Intel, Kirin(huawei), Mediatek roughly in that secific order, the last three are a toss up.

The fact that the honor 5X uses qualcomm goes to show how confident huawei is in their own chipset.

Gonna research the atom based zenfone 2 a bit more.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Thanks for the heads up,

I guess intel/android combo has some way left to go before they can truly compete. nvidia/android combo had issues in the past, hoping that is no longer true. Safest bet seems to be snadragon, exynos, Nvidia, Intel, Kirin(huawei), Mediatek roughly in that secific order, the last three are a toss up.

The fact that the honor 5X uses qualcomm goes to show how confident huawei is in their own chipset.

Gonna research the atom based zenfone 2 a bit more.
    When researching the Zf2 checkout /r/zenfone2 and XDA forums.

With all my railing against the Zf2 it is my current phone. If you are lucky to get one that works it is a very good phone.

BTW... I got the Honor 5X yesterday. I have report back my findings yet because I still getting a felling for it. However, I can say the Zf2 has a better camera and more default apps that actually have use. Some people would say the Zf2 is bloated but does have some use apps like Supernote and Do It Later.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.