Thread: Encryption and End point protection

Default Encryption and End point protection

I want to encrypt all the passwords of my website with high security. Can I trust the Cyber security solution providers like NCI http://nci.ca/ for that? I don't possess much knowledge about the cyber world. Do you know any other better service provider to suggest me? What is your opinion on doing end point protection along with encryption?

How was your website built, i.e, which tech stack was it built on, which CMS or web-framework?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Thanks for the reply. It is a CMS site..

Quote Originally Posted by furtado View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It is a CMS site..
    I am seeing this a bit late but, if the CMS is of any worth the password are already encrypted (hashed). This is not something that you should be messing with, you as the end-user should not interface with the process. The only thing necessary for you as the site owner to do is enable a TLS/SSL security certificate, force HTTPS connections and keep the CMS updated.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.