Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hackintosh.

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    you probably got that from my comment... Im pretty sure you wont be doing all the things i outlined and i didnt mean that you wont be able to do rendering on a PC, just that for very large projects that require alot of IO you MAY experience a crash or 2 here or there but thats why you save your work every 10 mins
    Yeah....*I didn't read over the thread"....but someone did say something about system crashing.... which probably was you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    i got a mac last year and tbh the only reason i could see myself using this over windows is for video editing and editing really huge files in photoshop... windows locks up too much when dealing with large files even if the hardware resources are there to support large projects. other than that i think its overly hyped
    All of the world's best non-linear editing suites are built and optimised for Mac. Hence making Mac OS-X an editors dream come true. I bought a Mac Pro for editing and believe me nothing is sweeter. Windows will hang no matter what, that's just windows.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I agree. OSX is more stable than windows. On windows I would be working on something and bam BSOD and I didn't save T_T. So far OSX has only crashed on my a few times.
    WOW! can't believe you're concurring with this. Confession is a welcome relief yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    Is it wise buying a Mac Air for video editing? Or the MacBook is the better of them all?
    No I would not advise buying a Mac Book Air for video editing. A Macbook Air is for the simple purposes of web browsing and document editing. Just for doing simple tasks that doesn't require much hardware or processing power. Best to get a Higher end Mac for video editing.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    All of the world's best non-linear editing suites are built and optimised for Mac. Hence making Mac OS-X an editors dream come true. I bought a Mac Pro for editing and believe me nothing is sweeter. Windows will hang no matter what, that's just windows.
    I own a MacBook and I don't agree. I still think that is a myth. The applications aren't optimized for mac in anyway. OSX just crashes less. Speed of computing on mac isn't better than on pc with same specs. So I'm not sure where the "optimized for mac" comes from.

On PC you save frequently or your goose might be cooked. On mac I don't worry bout saving.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

After looking through this thread I am really amazed that no one made the connection that applications being "optimized" for Macs and crashing less is because the hardware in a Mac computer is homogeneous. It is always know what specific parts are in any Apple product, developers of application don't have to worry about variation in specs from user to user. Adobe and such will always be able to optimize their software for Macs because most likely they write code and run unit tests on the same spec machine the end user is using. When it comes to a Windows PC there is an almost endless combination of motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU and hard-drive available in assembling a PC. So its kinda hard to optimize for Windows PC.

It is also why games and apps are more "smoother" on iPhones. Apple just makes 1 phone, so iOS devs dont have to worry about supporting the Mali 400/450/700 or the PowerVR G6430/6300/5230 or other no-brand Chinese SoCs and such.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    After looking through this thread I am really amazed that no one made the connection that applications being "optimized" for Macs and crashing less is because the hardware in a Mac computer is homogeneous. It is always know what specific parts are in any Apple product, developers of application don't have to worry about variation in specs from user to user. Adobe and such will always be able to optimize their software for Macs because most likely they write code and run unit tests on the same spec machine the end user is using. When it comes to a Windows PC there is an almost endless combination of motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU and hard-drive available in assembling a PC. So its kinda hard to optimize for Windows PC.

It is also why games and apps are more "smoother" on iPhones. Apple just makes 1 phone, so iOS devs dont have to worry about supporting the Mali 400/450/700 or the PowerVR G6430/6300/5230 or other no-brand Chinese SoCs and such.
    You beat me to it gW33Zy.... I was going to respond to Pezz and say exactly what you just said which is why I alluded to this as a fact earlier that all of the world's top non-linear editing suites are all optimised to run better on OS-X. But as always... Pezz knows everything so how can you reason with the "All Knowing" Pezz. He just has a bitter hatred for Mac more so anything Apple. Ah well... thank the gods Pezz cannot change one thing about what is fact and what is fiction ignorance is Bliss! "The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding"--The Kybalion. Much love and respect as always Pezz!
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

uhhmm what?

Macs use the same hardware as pc. Intel CPU, Ram, SSD/HDD, gpu. All MacBook's aren't made with the same CPU, ram and ssd. So I'm "amazed" at how flawed your terminology. Once upon a time Apple used PowerPC cpu. Those days are long gone

As for iPhones you do have a point. Since an Iphone of the same year uses all the same hardware. Iphones are no way comparable to Macbooks.

As for mac crashing less its the operating system. Not the Hardware. Ive never had Linux Crash on me either. OSX is just more stable than Windows.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    You beat me to it gW33Zy.... I was going to respond to Pezz and say exactly what you just said which is why I alluded to this as a fact earlier that all of the world's top non-linear editing suites are all optimised to run better on OS-X. But as always... Pezz knows everything so how can you reason with the "All Knowing" Pezz. He just has a bitter hatred for Mac more so anything Apple. Ah well... thank the gods Pezz cannot change one thing about what is fact and what is fiction ignorance is Bliss! "The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding"--The Kybalion. Much love and respect as always Pezz!
    yeah keep them wisdom lips to yourself. It makes no sense whatsoever.

I now own a MacBook. So y'all cant tell me that foolishness again.

Lol Hey how about you find literature stating which apps are optimized for macs?

I bet you cannot.

You will find apps optimized for screen resolution sure.

So until then spare the attacks and educate yourselves.

If I happen to not know what I am talking about I ask, as I have done many times on this forum. I don't come here to pretend knowing stuff.

So it pretty annoying when I see other people posting false information like gW33Zy, then someone gonna read it and think it is true. Macbooks, Hp, dell etc all use the same hardware. You get a cheaper MacBook it has the same hardware as a cheaper HP.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    uhhmm what?

Macs use the same hardware as pc. Intel CPU, Ram, SSD/HDD, gpu. All MacBook's aren't made with the same CPU, ram and ssd. So I'm "amazed" at how flawed your terminology. Once upon a time Apple used PowerPC cpu. Those days are long gone

As for iPhones you do have a point. Since an Iphone of the same year uses all the same hardware. Iphones are no way comparable to Macbooks.

As for mac crashing less its the operating system. Not the Hardware. Ive never had Linux Crash on me either. OSX is just more stable than Windows.
    Seriously?! Are you feigning ignorance or if you really believe what you wrote.

Do you know of a Mac PC with a Intel Celeron? Or one with a Muskin SSD? Or a AMD 280X GPU? What about bargin RAM modules?

In any generation of Mac PC there is always small selection of internal hardware used to make it. Any software dev that focuses on Mac OS can go out and buy EVERY hardware iteration of a Macbook or Mac PC/whatever. That same task is impossible with Windows PCs, even if you focus on 1 manufacturer. Look how many laptop model-name variations DELL has, raise that to the power of hardware component variations used for that model. Lenovo, Sony, Acer, ASUS..?
    Last edited by gW33Zy; Apr 7, 2016 at 12:48 PM.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Seriously?! Are you feigning ignorance or if you really believe what you wrote.

Do you know of a Mac PC with a Intel Celeron? Or one with a Muskin SSD? Or a AMD 280X GPU? What about bargin RAM modules?

In any generation of Mac PC there is always small selection of internal hardware used to make it. Any software dev that focuses on Mac OS can go out and buy EVERY hardware iteration of a Macbook or Mac PC/whatever. That same task is impossible with Windows PCs, even if you focus on 1 manufacturer. Look how many laptop model-name variations DELL has, raise that to the power of hardware component variations. Lenovo, Sony, Acer, ASUS..?
    I said find me facts that applications are optimized for MAcs. YOU CANT. End of story.

No Macs aren't made with Celerons. They are made with i7, i5 and i3. Just like every other laptop makers. Apple's gpu of choice is amd. Which ever amd variant of choice or it comes with intel integrated graphics. Just like every other laptop maker so please. No laptop that cost the same or even half as a MacBook comes with a Celeron. So please be realistic.

save yourself the trouble of calling people ignorant. All you posted there is nonsense. That is only true for iphones and iPads. you just made up all of that. Find literature to prove or some tests.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

y'all still cannot find those fact huh? Lol yeah thought so.

So let the silence continue.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup