Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hackintosh.

Quote Originally Posted by wivane View Post
    Unlike you guys i havent had issues with large files or crashing in windows. I've edited a few pictures and videos for work but not drastically and I've never crashed. My work PC is an i7 950 with 24GB RAM though so i doubt ill be running out of memory to crash.
    Sir please note that the amount of resources you have will not cause the system to crash... Windows has very poor memory management when compared to Mac OS X no matter the amount of RAM you have installed you can still experiences crashing. i've witnessed crashes in Premiere pro running on a Dual Xeon Rig with A Quadro Card and 64gbs of ram. and when i say large files i mean a single TIFF as large as 4GB and sometimes i have like 4 open moving back and forth.

I hope you understand what i'm getting at

Yung_Jah Guest

Is it wise buying a Mac Air for video editing? Or the MacBook is the better of them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    Is it wise buying a Mac Air for video editing? Or the MacBook is the better of them all?
    Whats wrong with PC for video editing?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

The first thing you need to do is get a iTunes account so you can buy apps and music. Then you want to buy an iphone 6s and a apple watch. Optionally you can get an apple tv to rent movies. Besides that its pretty much just like windows with less options for free software. It is refreshing to get a change of OS once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    The first thing you need to do is get a iTunes account so you can buy apps and music. Then you want to buy an iphone 6s and a apple watch. Optionally you can get an apple tv to rent movies. Besides that its pretty much just like windows with less options for free software. It is refreshing to get a change of OS once in a while.
    LOL yeah that's the Apple starter kit. Buy our stuff so we can take your money some more.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Whats wrong with PC for video editing?
    From reading through this thread, it seems Windows system have issues while doing hectic task, such as video editing. I know Mac product is overpriced, but thought about upgrading to a Mac from my first laptop (which is a Sony Vaio).

Was looking at some bad toys from Asus, like this laptop. Or aim for this one for almost $300 more, which has a 4GB video memory.

Better spec than a Mac Air.

From reading through this thread, it seems Windows system have issues while doing hectic task, such as video editing. I know Mac product is overpriced, but thought about upgrading to a Mac from my first laptop (which is a Sony Vaio).

Was looking at some bad toys from Asus, like this laptop. Or aim for this one for almost $300 more, which has a 4GB video memory.

*Reads thread*

where you saw that?

Either way You are gonna spend money to buy an under powered mac for video editing? That's fine if waiting for videos to encode is not an issue.

Didn't know you were a laptop person. The laptop with 4GB vram... A GTX 960 isn't gonna make use of that, so if you don't care about the bragging rights get the cheaper one.

As you can see here desktop gtx 960 4GB vs 2GB https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...review,15.html

And the desktop one is more powerful than the mobile one.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

you probably got that from my comment... Im pretty sure you wont be doing all the things i outlined and i didnt mean that you wont be able to do rendering on a PC, just that for very large projects that require alot of IO you MAY experience a crash or 2 here or there but thats why you save your work every 10 mins

I think I know what Flex17 is talking about. Windows isnt what you would call a "real time" operating system. Its always doing something in the background and the OS kinda keeps some of the resources of the computer in reserve which will be more apparent when you start doing heavy duty processing like video editing or things that need to sit in RAM for a long time. Maybe its a garbage collection thing - I;m not sure.

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    *Reads thread*

where you saw that?

Either way You are gonna spend money to buy an under powered mac for video editing? That's fine if waiting for videos to encode is not an issue.

Didn't know you were a laptop person. The laptop with 4GB vram... A GTX 960 isn't gonna make use of that, so if you don't care about the bragging rights get the cheaper one.

As you can see here desktop gtx 960 4GB vs 2GB https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...review,15.html

And the desktop one is more powerful than the mobile one.
    We all know desktop specs would let a laptop look like crap. GTX 960 need to come off the market... . I almost forgot about the Lenovo Y series laptop with SLI graphic card which ran for up to USD 1300 two years ago.

I would like a desktop, but I guess not until I relocate.