Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackintosh.

Default Hackintosh.

Hello Everyone,

I have recently been working on a Mac at work and decided i kind of liked the look of OSX. I then proceeded to hit up ebay and other shops to see about buying a Mac. I knew they always had such high prices brand new but i was shocked to see that they still hold their value second hand. I quickly gave up on the idea of buying an Apple Mac. I then proceeded to look into whether i could get OSX onto my already built gaming machine. I came across another forum, dont know if its against the rules to post it, which had information about "Hackintosh's". I knew that hackintosh existed but i thought they where much harder to come by. However they provide guides on hackintosh builds, threads with success stories, threads helping with issues etc. I started searching the forums and it turns out the build i have was pretty much a fuss free installation of OSx and would go smoothly without network drivers which would be installed once booted. The biggest issue was then having to make the boot stick and getting the OS downloaded. Luckily someone i work with already had a mac and created the usb stick for me. As the forum said, it went smoothly. Everything works which surprised me. Im really happy i got this working BUT i dont know what i can do with it now.

What do i do next with it? What apps should i get? What is generally a good use of OSx that i couldnt use windows for?

Im not fully swapping OS i just wanted to see if i could get it to install and now it is i dont know what to do with it.

Any ideas?

wivane

The easiest way is to use Virtual box.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I actually have it dual-bootable with windows was just wondering what made applefreaks mad over this. What will make me fall so drastically in love with this OS.

Quote Originally Posted by wivane View Post
    I actually have it dual-bootable with windows was just wondering what made applefreaks mad over this. What will make me fall so drastically in love with this OS.
    I have a MacBook and there is nothing special about it. I got it for IOS programming only.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I have a MacBook and there is nothing special about it. I got it for IOS programming only.
    So thats all you use it for? A friend of mine had a macbook pro just for web development. As i am not a programmer nor web developer atm it seems like my pointless adventure into OSx may just require me to learn some programming to get to use it.

So thats all you use it for? A friend of mine had a macbook pro just for web development. As i am not a programmer nor web developer atm it seems like my pointless adventure into OSx may just require me to learn some programming to get to use it.
    Yes that is the only reason I turn it on.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

i got a mac last year and tbh the only reason i could see myself using this over windows is for video editing and editing really huge files in photoshop... windows locks up too much when dealing with large files even if the hardware resources are there to support large projects. other than that i think its overly hyped

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    i got a mac last year and tbh the only reason i could see myself using this over windows is for video editing and editing really huge files in photoshop... windows locks up too much when dealing with large files even if the hardware resources are there to support large projects. other than that i think its overly hyped
    I agree. OSX is more stable than windows. On windows I would be working on something and bam BSOD and I didn't save T_T. So far OSX has only crashed on my a few times.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    Hmm, I guess i followed the hype train into OSx and now that im here i dont see what the fuss is about. Unlike you guys I dont video edit, photo edit or code so a pointless venture into OSx. May just learn my way around the OS and make myself familiar with it if we ever have to work on them again for work. Until then the drive will be pretty much disconnected and ill boot to windows instead.

Unlike you guys i havent had issues with large files or crashing in windows. I've edited a few pictures and videos for work but not drastically and I've never crashed. My work PC is an i7 950 with 24GB RAM though so i doubt ill be running out of memory to crash.

My home PC however rarely crashes and when it does its because of 1 Dodgy USB soundcard being plugged in or unplugged and it isnt happy with it.

Hmm, I guess i followed the hype train into OSx and now that im here i dont see what the fuss is about. Unlike you guys I dont video edit, photo edit or code so a pointless venture into OSx. May just learn my way around the OS and make myself familiar with it if we ever have to work on them again for work. Until then the drive will be pretty much disconnected and ill boot to windows instead.

Unlike you guys i havent had issues with large files or crashing in windows. I've edited a few pictures and videos for work but not drastically and I've never crashed. My work PC is an i7 950 with 24GB RAM though so i doubt ill be running out of memory to crash.

My home PC however rarely crashes and when it does its because of 1 Dodgy USB soundcard being plugged in or unplugged and it isnt happy with it.

The only reason I have a MacBook is because you need OSX the make IOS apps. I would have used Hackintosh but it doesn't work well will AMD cpus.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup