Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hackintosh.

Applications are written the same but compiled for different operating systems. They are not "optimized" for mac. The mac is just better at real time and extended running memory hungry applications. less leaks and blue screens (but macs do crash). All this will matter little to people who just check email and watch movies.

Also note that for simple video editing it does not matter either way.
    Last edited by owen; Apr 8, 2016 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post

So let the silence continue.
    And so it will. So will life.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

A mac should be more stable due to the homogeneous hardware which helps in preventing crashing. It also helps in testing by developers. It is impossible to test for all the possible PC configurations.

So both arguments are correct.

In general terms the iphone should also be more stable than android for the same reason.

For very specific applications (as in usage not apps) the mac is more suitable. so is windows and even linux, they all have their strengths and flaws. I have used them all at some point, at one point they all ran as VMs under My host OS which was FreeBSD. Now my host is windows 10 with XP, ubuntu and android VMs and also mainframe emulators.

Haven't had to provide support for macs or BSD in a while. They are all but gone from my customer base. except for one who runs windows on top of imacs 100% of the time so no OSX to deal with.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    A mac should be more stable due to the homogeneous hardware which helps in preventing crashing. It also helps in testing by developers. It is impossible to test for all the possible PC configurations.

So both arguments are correct.

In general terms the iphone should also be more stable than android for the same reason.

For very specific applications (as in usage not apps) the mac is more suitable. so is windows and even linux, they all have their strengths and flaws. I have used them all at some point, at one point they all ran as VMs under My host OS which was FreeBSD. Now my host is windows 10 with XP, ubuntu and android VMs and also mainframe emulators.

Haven't had to provide support for macs or BSD in a while. They are all but gone from my customer base. except for one who runs windows on top of imacs 100% of the time so no OSX to deal with.
    Please point out the homogeneous hardware OSX is using please. I want learn.

SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality