Thread: Oculus Rift will arrive on Mac if Apple "ever releases a good computer"

Default Oculus Rift will arrive on Mac if Apple "ever releases a good computer"

Oculus founder Palmer Luckey was asked during an interview when the will they be adding Mac support to the Rift. His answer was simple, when Apple releases a good computer.
    Other than being the burn of the year so far, it's also true. Luckey's reasoning is that the current Macs simply do not have the graphical power to run something as intensive as VR on the Rift. Even the most powerful Mac Pro, with dual AMD FirePro D700 GPU, falls short of a single NVIDIA GTX 970, which is the minimum requirement to support Rift on the PC. Apple never prioritized gaming on the Mac and all the current machines are non-user upgradable now so you can't just install a more powerful graphics card like you could with the older Mac Pros. Even if Oculus added software support for OS X none of the machines will be able to handle it.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/oculus_rift_...blog-17064.php
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

isnt the Occulus released already?

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    isnt the Occulus released already?
    Preorder. I will stick to monitors though.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

If you're gaming on a mac in 2016...You ARE NOT in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by demoyii View Post
    If you're gaming on a mac in 2016...You ARE NOT in 2016.
    I disagree, games need to be better optimized to be able to run on older hardware (almost as) efficiently. Its like asking users to buy PCs with 128GB of RAM just to run the next version of Windows to be released. The days of developing and releasing video games for PCs that wouldn't even exist for the next 2-3 years need to come to an end. I agree that we all need to get with the times, but developers need to allow time for the general market to catch up. Game development only benefits console gamers in my opinion, where the hardware specifications remain constant until the next console is released.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread