Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digicel rushing to get customers for DigicelPlay (Not Good)

Quote Originally Posted by Smartd View Post
    Does anyone know if Digicel's new internet comes with the ab blocking network?

Or if they might block ads from persons using this service in the future?
    The Ad-blocking is for the mobile network. Who knows if this service can or will be applied to all their networks in the future.

Our property has all separate (5) FLOW account connections with only a main house and a pool house.

I also have a separate Digicel line in my space.

There is an obvious increase in blatant lying from both FLOW and Digicel since the mergers, selling, and new services, have come on line.

I am nauseated that neither company has chosen to just provide the better service to win subscribers.

It is also (almost) impossible to break the line of innocent, deeply ignorant people they have hired as a buffer to isolate their (both companies) improper management practices.

Until someone in government steps up to slam these corporate thieves back into their proper places, the people of Jamaica will continue to suffer. :-(

Using Digicel Play for nearly two months now and can say this: Service was great at first, then after that, pure problem. Several vans keep returning to the community for days. These men are both Digicel workers and workers from a company based overseas that specializes in networking. They come, working on the wires and as expected, no Internet for hours.

They return the next day and, then days after that with JPS contractors. After all of this, I believe everything was fixed and going fine, but not to be. Recently and even right now the Internet is not stable. I'm typing as fast as I can right now because I'm 100 percent certain it will tap out on me. Terrible service right now, and clear sign this is a rushed job. Hoping it gets better before long.

My advice to those who have not yet accepted Digicel Play in your soul, don't. Give it some time first prepare for hell. Seet deh, it gone again! Alright, it come back now. Goes away quickly, but take a while to return sometime. On this occasion, it was only for a few seconds.

Other than 2 random 30mins out-ages, it never dropped again. It's perfect and works well even when its raining like hell outside.

Which area are you in? Paid them their installation fee from 20th April and all now they can't come to install. Pure run around. I have seen these men from the foriegn country as well on my road and the JPS contractors and Digicel Play. They seem to be always at one house on one pole. I see they have put a weird looking hanging extremely shiny black box that hangs from a line on the pole and looks like it can fall off if the breeze blows too hard or God forbids on anyone walking on the sidewall. The foreign company starts with an A I think not sure...something similar to Atheros comes to mind and they wear green shirts everytime I see them with the reflectors.

Not impressed with them so far and have not even gotten the service. One of my neighbours told me she disconnected since month but still willing to take the gamble.

Waiting for the dunce bats to rush in and defend Digicel in 3...2...1....
    Last edited by Thy; May 7, 2016 at 06:59 PM.

I live in Kingston 8. Has been very consistent, very fast and headache free. Never going back to flow.

Right now I am thinking Digicel is just one BIG blow hard. Service was running OK, I wouldnt say it was anything GRAND, but since last friday this been all i getting

Funny enough this only affects my G-Box Q and my PC, the cellphones and tablets still getting full 25Mbs. Calling them all weekend and all now nobody can't show up. Called and ask to speak with someone from the technical team I hear they have to schedule a call back, ask to speak to a supervisor I hear have to schedule a call back. I dont know what type of customer service that is... Seems to me Digicel purposely ruining my streaming box and my PC to probably get me to use their's which has been gathering dust since it got here cuz lets face it, the package you get when you only paying like 4K is garbage. But Digivel needs to wise up, the second you go IP TV you begin to compete globally and the fact is you can pay for IP TV services for way less and get the same channels if you go to another provider. In any case if I don't see anybody show up by tomorrow it's back to FLOW for me. not wasting no time with them and this BS.
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UP5 TH|CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K|RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz|GPU: Gigabyte HD7950|Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus|Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER|PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W|Display: Westinghouse 22" - 1680x1050|Mouse: Logitech G700|Keyboard: Logitech G510

We need lte and faster network that have unlimted speed so unbearable the other country have to wonder

Quote Originally Posted by berbick455 View Post
    We need lte and faster network that have unlimted speed so unbearable the other country have to wonder
    Unlimited speed? Does that exist?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality