Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digicel rushing to get customers for DigicelPlay (Not Good)

Default Digicel rushing to get customers for DigicelPlay (Not Good)

Last night these people stop off at my place looking to have as many people sign up to the service. Thing is, two separate set of people live at the complex. The problem is, Digicel cannot provide separate Internet service and bill, instead, all parties must share.

The sales rep, bwoy, she did well in her bid to sell the package. Telling us that the speed will hold up for everyone. However, I am getting 20MB from Flow right now and I know for a fact that when doing heavy downloading, no other device can stream a video properly from YouTube.

Instead of launching good and done, Digicel is rushing to grab Flow customers who have "switch" on their mind before Flow come with better or comparable packages. I not falling for that, I will wait until Digi come good instead of becoming a guinea pig.

why can't they provide separate service? They physically can, unless there is some rule at the location.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by alliance4life View Post
    Last night these people stop off at my place looking to have as many people sign up to the service. Thing is, two separate set of people live at the complex. The problem is, Digicel cannot provide separate Internet service and bill, instead, all parties must share.

The sales rep, bwoy, she did well in her bid to sell the package. Telling us that the speed will hold up for everyone. However, I am getting 20MB from Flow right now and I know for a fact that when doing heavy downloading, no other device can stream a video properly from YouTube.

Instead of launching good and done, Digicel is rushing to grab Flow customers who have "switch" on their mind before Flow come with better or comparable packages. I not falling for that, I will wait until Digi come good instead of becoming a guinea pig.
    That part in bold... That isnt flows fault. When downloading it will use all available bandwidth unless you limit it -_-
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

No rule here. They just saying it cannot happen at this time. You know like how the Flow box can split for multiple people? Their box can't do that just yet. Or maybe it can, but the full service is not online.

Here in BridgeView, two different houses are attached. From what I understand, if the person next door to me (different address) wants to sign up to DigicelPlay, then they will have to feed from the service from my location and share the bill.

I did not say it was Flow's fault. I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just saying it is not beneficial for me to share Internet with anyone else. I fully well know how to limit bandwidth, but I refuse for the sake of getting what I want faster. Furthermore, not everyone knows how to do that. So just imagine if the other persons on this property don't know, I would be at a disadvantage.

The Digicel sales rep was not taking these issues into consideration. Saying the speed will hold up for multiple persons when 6 of us live here. I'm upstairs with my gf, downstairs is a family of 4 adults.

Flow said they are not able to provide 2 separate bill to a single address

Digicel needs the customers to buy into their packages which is appreciate as if it was not for Digicel, i would still be at 12mb internet and limited to 8mb while streaming..now its 20mb and 20mb streaming ..soo Thanks Digicel

i was planning to move to Digicel but i realize that i have to pick the 10000 package which i dont need ATM to get GSN (Game Show Network, before bed show :-) )...paying lil over 7k now with my flow bundle
    Last edited by mykel; Feb 23, 2016 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    Flow said they are not able to provide 2 separate bill to a single address

Thats a lie because three people at my residence has internet from flow and its not an apartment...

I'm also having an issue with these digicel play reps. They are indeed too greedy and its a turn off they keep calling me everyday and coming back and i am tired of the crap. I have heard many people complaining that they sound too desperate as well. Between them and those Jehovah witnesses idk who more persistent.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 24, 2016 at 05:15 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Does anyone know if Digicel's new internet comes with the ab blocking network?

Or if they might block ads from persons using this service in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post

I'm also having an issue with these digicel play reps. They are indeed too greedy and its a turn off they keep calling me everyday and coming back and i am tired of the crap. I have heard many people complaining that they sound too desperate as well. Between them and those Jehovah witnesses idk who more persistent.
    This had me laughing
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 24, 2016 at 05:15 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by Smartd View Post
    Does anyone know if Digicel's new internet comes with the ab blocking network?

Or if they might block ads from persons using this service in the future?
    Why do you want to block your abs?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality