Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surface 3 Thoughts

Default Surface 3 Thoughts

Got a Surface 3, could not resist the $170 off.

So far I am liking it, it is really a nice device. I have used an iPad (only turned out for testing code), I have used Android tablets (Only turned on to idle), but the surface is in a league of its own.

The downside is the app selection for it being a tablet. But I got it to replace my Asus transformer (Windows 10) tablet. So more productivity than work, meaning apps don't bother me that much.

vs my Asus the Surface 3 wins in every area except audio quality through speakers. Asus came with keyboard (terrible trackpad)while M$ charges $120 for the Surface keyboard (robbery), but it is said to be better than macbook's keyboard and trackpad in every review I saw.

I will be putting the Surface through its paces and hopefully I continue to like it. Try some android development on it.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Nice- let me know what you think. Here rocking my SP 4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I don't have a surface book. For what it is it is too expensive and I can't find any use case to justify that much money.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Been supporting my manager with this for over a year now? has it been that long not sure. Surface Pro 3.
    The only real thing that stands out is that it's a tablet that can function as a laptop.

For the price it feels a little underwhelming. When you look at price to spec comparison. When it works it's nice when it doesn't work it's hell and it tends to do that often. Had to use the reset feature so often for apps just refusing to work etc. etc.
    Unless you want a really expensive easy to carry tablet. Probably better off getting an ultra thin laptop.

Where I am if I was getting one that'd be fine but I wouldn't pay for one.
    Mind you this is from the perspective of someone who supported one not owned one, even though I've been on it so often it's practically half mine.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Lightning View Post
    Been supporting my manager with this for over a year now? has it been that long not sure. Surface Pro 3.
    The only real thing that stands out is that it's a tablet that can function as a laptop.

For the price it feels a little underwhelming. When you look at price to spec comparison. When it works it's nice when it doesn't work it's hell and it tends to do that often. Had to use the reset feature so often for apps just refusing to work etc. etc.
    Unless you want a really expensive easy to carry tablet. Probably better off getting an ultra thin laptop.

Mind you this is from the perspective of someone who supported one not owned one, even though I've been on it so often it's practically half mine.
    I do not think it is underwhelming. I am impressed, there are issues to work out but it is a great device.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

I would recommend a surface pro to anyone. The line will be what I go to for mobile computing from now on.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Lightning View Post

Coming from someone who has been in the Surface family since the 1st Surface RT. I never had those issues, I only reset my devices when i was selling/upgrading.

Other than the bugs that come with a new device mine has been rock solid. Currently rocking the SP4 and loving it. Surface RT > SP3 > SP4.

As a consultant who travels a ton, a ultra thing laptop wouldn't work for me. Traveling with two full-sized laptops is no fun. With the SP4 I never miss a beat, it has plenty of power to do what i need (including photo and light video editing) on the go.

I am able to fit in my bag with my 15" work laptop, 15" USB screen, 2 2.5" USB External HDD, chargers + accessories with ease and no huge weight on my back.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I would recommend a surface pro to anyone. The line will be what I go to for mobile computing from now on.
    I do not think it is underwhelming. I am impressed, there are issues to work out but it is a great device.
    ^ agreed

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    Coming from someone who has been in the Surface family since the 1st Surface RT. I never had those issues, I only reset my devices when i was selling/upgrading.

Other than the bugs that come with a new device mine has been rock solid. Currently rocking the SP4 and loving it. Surface RT > SP3 > SP4.

As a consultant who travels a ton, a ultra thing laptop wouldn't work for me. Traveling with two full-sized laptops is no fun. With the SP4 I never miss a beat, it has plenty of power to do what i need (including photo and light video editing) on the go.

I am able to fit in my bag with my 15" work laptop, 15" USB screen, 2 2.5" USB External HDD,
    Lol... Why you travel with so many devices?

You travel with a Surface Pro 4 12.3" and a 15" Laptop? 0_O

I will travel with My MacBook (heavy to rahtid) and now my surface 3. And USB sticks.
    2x 2.5 drives.... Bruh 0_o
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Lol... Why you travel with so many devices?

You travel with a Surface Pro 4 12.3" and a 15" Laptop? 0_O

I will travel with My MacBook (heavy to rahtid) and now my surface 3. And USB sticks.
    2x 2.5 drives.... Bruh 0_o
    Segregation of work and play. I work for a company that everything on your laptop gets scanned and web traffic is sent through an ALWAYS ON company proxy and possibly stored. So nothing personal goes on my work PC.

Same for the 2.5 HDDs, 1 is my personal, the other work issued.

The Pro 4 is pretty light tho.