Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think About iPad Pro

Default What Do You Think About iPad Pro

Hi, I just want to you your views on the iPad Pro.

Apples attempt at a stylus device (Though they were bad-mouthing it a few years ago). Apple's attempt at a hybrid machine (Though they were bad-mouthing it a few years ago).

My view is it fails.... Why?

IOS 9... seriously? Why not OSX.

The stylus only last 12hrs on charge... COME ON!!!! (though with 15 secs of charge it last 30 mins). Surface Pro Stylus last 365 days per battery.

Charging the stylus is retarded.... See pic below
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

The stylus is talking to the screen, makes it more accurate which is why it needs to be charged. I'm sure they ran a bunch of tests before releasing it and knew the apple fanbois will love the hell out of it. People like it. Not my thing. I think they eventually will convert everything to mobile O/S so they can make use of the millions of apps they got developers to build for it. OSX might be dead in the future.

I think the iPad pro is tool large for what I'd typically use the iPad for (media, browsing, games). If I need to step up to that size/level I'd consider a MS Surface Book pro instead.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    The stylus is talking to the screen, makes it more accurate which is why it needs to be charged. I'm sure they ran a bunch of tests before releasing it and knew the apple fanbois will love the hell out of it. People like it. Not my thing. I think they eventually will convert everything to mobile O/S so they can make use of the millions of apps they got developers to build for it. OSX might be dead in the future.
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.... That has nothing to do with battery life. Judging by 15 secs = 30 min charge shows the battery in the stylus is weak and small. That is the issue.

Also check the Galaxy Note stylus and how is works as an active stylus (The tech behind it). Apple could have done something like that.

I don't see OSX dying... IOS doesn't even support a mouse or file system. So OSX isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I think the iPad pro is tool large for what I'd typically use the iPad for (media, browsing, games). If I need to step up to that size/level I'd consider a MS Surface Book pro instead.

Agreed... They could have at least worked on multitasking. My phone has better multitasking than the Ipad pro.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Why keep complaining about apple when you know how they work? They never make a perfect first gen device. Its planned obsolescence. The pencil 2 will come out next/this year and it will fix the problems. The pencil 2 might even work on the iphone 7 and apple tv 2. You always have to think 2 steps ahead or you will be left behind complaining about current gen crap. Battery tech is pretty much stalled unless they defy the laws of physics and somehow solve the energy density problem.

Apple purposely makes bad beta products. no sense complaining about it or comparing it to Samsung. In this era of tech it is not the product that is "better" that gets popularity, its the one with the better marketing and fanbois.

Why keep complaining about apple when you know how they work? They never make a perfect first gen device. Its planned obsolescence. The pencil 2 will come out next/this year and it will fix the problems. The pencil 2 might even work on the iphone 7 and apple tv 2. You always have to think 2 steps ahead or you will be left behind complaining about current gen crap. Battery tech is pretty much stalled unless they defy the laws of physics and somehow solve the energy density problem.

Apple purposely makes bad beta products. no sense complaining about it or comparing it to Samsung. In this era of tech it is not the product that is "better" that gets popularity, its the one with the better marketing and fanbois.
    I am not comparing or complaining about anything. Don't get it twisted.

You said they had to do this because of that. You are wrong. Simply put they did it that way because its the easier and cheapest way. Simple....

Not sure who is complaining. Every tech-site that does reviews must be complaining then.

Your response is pretty much irrelevant to the topic. If I was looking for that response which holds no educational value I would go ask an Apple user.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Apple does it because its profitable. its as simple as that. You keep people on a upgrade path 16 gb, 32, 64, 128. You ever heard of a road map? apple has a roadmap for its products. What may seem like cutting edge tech to you is just another noch on thier timeline. Same for every smartphone on the market. Yes they could probably do better but why do it when the market is so gullible?

Apple does it because its profitable. its as simple as that. You keep people on a upgrade path 16 gb, 32, 64, 128. You ever heard of a road map? apple has a roadmap for its products. What may seem like cutting edge tech to you is just another noch on thier timeline. Same for every smartphone on the market. Yes they could probably do better but why do it when the market is so gullible?

Agreed

Microsoft needs to design a proper tablet UI before actual tablet users take them serious.

I own a windows tablet and its nearly impossible to use without a mouse. Some UI scaling would be nice, like what OSX has.

So far Microsoft is capturing the laptop people like myself with surface.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

From an artist's perspective the iPad Pro isn't a bad deal. The base model is cheaper than a Wacom cintiq, even with the overpriced stylus (seriously, wtf). Add to that the fact that you can use it independent of a desktop, and that you don't have to deal with messy cables and it's actually a pretty good package. Also, at the end of the day, it's still an iPad and can do many other things.

...I can't believe I just endorsed an Apple product.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Microsoft has already committed to the one crap UI for everything so they are pretty much stuck being a jack of all trades. Just like when windows 8 came out and I said it was a big mistake people were like "tablets are the future, look, look, shiny new! I don't miss the start button". Well this is what gets us where we are at now, we settle for substandard shiny stuff and wait around for something new to pop up every six months to justify our existance. patchs