Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Think About iPad Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    From an artist's perspective the iPad Pro isn't a bad deal. The base model is cheaper than a Wacom cintiq, even with the overpriced stylus (seriously, wtf). Add to that the fact that you can use it independent of a desktop, and that you don't have to deal with messy cables and it's actually a pretty good package. Also, at the end of the day, it's still an iPad and can do many other things.

...I can't believe I just endorsed an Apple product.
    Artist who do art as a hobby? I don't see any serious artist going to use an iPad for their business. iPads like most tablets are just toys for most people.

Still an ipad and can do many other things.... Lol not sure if I follow.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Microsoft has already committed to the one crap UI for everything so they are pretty much stuck being a jack of all trades. Just like when windows 8 came out and I said it was a big mistake people were like "tablets are the future, look, look, shiny new! I don't miss the start button". Well this is what gets us where we are at now, we settle for substandard shiny stuff and wait around for something new to pop up every six months to justify our existance. patchs
    I had a laptop and realized I hardly use it so I got rid of it and got a 10" Windows tablet and keyboard which I enjoy using on the go. I surely wasn't gonna pay surface pro price for a tablet I cant use comfortably without a mouse and keyboard. Surface Pro could be much better than it is. They need to put some work into the UI so it actually functions like a tablet

other than that I don't own any other tablet. Android, IOS just not productive enough to be the future for me.

As for Win 8... I liked it and have no problems with it. Windows 10 now I hate the forced updates. Windows can be a jack of all trades, but it is gonna take a lot of work.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

The UI is not the problem with windows tablets. They will never gain more market share than they presently have. The problem is that they are useless clone devices / half phone PCs. The instant reaction is to blame the UX, but no UX will save a device that has no niche in the market.

Just like every other android cellphone or tablet. One could tell HTC to improve its UX but at its core they are just selling the same crap in a different colour. They could make thier phones out of gold and it would still be the same android apps and no one would care because they are useless devices that you can find better/cheaper/shinier/feature-packed clones of - there is no winning in that game. Its the difference between Blackberry and Apple and Microsoft. The consumers are crying for convergence but convergence is creating a market full of useless devices waiting on software updates. devices have to keep thier niche or they die in a sea of clones.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    The UI is not the problem with windows tablets. They will never gain more market share than they presently have. The problem is that they are useless clone devices / half phone PCs. The instant reaction is to blame the UX, but no UX will save a device that has no niche in the market.

Just like every other android cellphone or tablet. One could tell HTC to improve its UX but at its core they are just selling the same crap in a different colour. They could make thier phones out of gold and it would still be the same android apps and no one would care because they are useless devices that you can find better/cheaper/shinier/feature-packed clones of - there is no winning in that game. Its the difference between Blackberry and Apple and Microsoft. The consumers are crying for convergence but convergence is creating a market full of useless devices waiting on software updates. devices have to keep thier niche or they die in a sea of clones.

When I say UI I mean for example.. When I am using my Windows tablet to close I program using your finger to press that tiny red X is not ideal.

I am not implying Microsoft make their UI similar to Android or Ios. They need to make the UI more accessible for fingers. A tablet should be usable without an external device. Surface tablets are unusable without a mouse or the Pen.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Artist who do art as a hobby? I don't see any serious artist going to use an iPad for their business. iPads like most tablets are just toys for most people.
    Sure it can be used for business purposes. With the wealth of art apps available, and the quality of the stylus, it can quite easily replace a Wacom tablet, which is the industry standard today.

Still an ipad and can do many other things.... Lol not sure if I follow.
    What I mean is, Wacom tablets are pretty much strictly used for their art applications, and don't have much of a purpose outside of that. With the iPad you can take it on a plane to watch movies, read books, browse the web, play games etc.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Sure it can be used for business purposes. With the wealth of art apps available, and the quality of the stylus, it can quite easily replace a Wacom tablet, which is the industry standard today.

What I mean is, Wacom tablets are pretty much strictly used for their art applications, and don't have much of a purpose outside of that. With the iPad you can take it on a plane to watch movies, read books, browse the web, play games etc.

Ok I get you. But all the points you mentioned the Surface is a better device in that area. The surface can replace your whole desktop without the need for a computer. The iPad is still reliant on a PC (it doesn't have a file system).

Reason I am comparing it to a Surface pro is because that's what Apple's CEO is aiming it at. In reality it cant compete with a Surface Pro outside of drawing.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup