Thread: Nvidia GameWorks - Game Over for You.

Default Nvidia GameWorks - Game Over for You.

Now we know why AMD cards keep getting better while Nvidia cards keep gettign worse. PLANNED Obsolesce
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I remember when I saw that the 390 lost to the 970 on Fallout 4 and was like WHAT? That's when I found out about Nvidia's anti-consumer practices. SHAME!

The day is coming closer that Nvidia will be found out for the things they are doing.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    The day is coming closer that Nvidia will be found out for the things they are doing.
    I had a feeling about that this was going on. Mostly after I saw the gtx 700 series just keep getting worse. Example the gtx 780 is now as slow as a 7970.

But hey Nvidia users don't care.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Yeah I just felt that AMD guys cannot be that bad in making cards. Yes sometimes their drivers are not up to par in addressing issues in new games Gameworks or not (Thank God that is being addressed now), but when they do present each new generation you can see that each card has very good potential. Case in point they were the best cards for bitcoin mining and usually perform very well in synthetic benchmarks.
    AMD seem to be the only tech company that their products get better as they age. It is just that a few review sites take time out to acknowledge this.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

TWIMTBP - From long ago they've been doing this. Been on red team from AGP days. Not going back. I'll work with the worse performance by reducing the quality.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    TWIMTBP - From long ago they've been doing this. Been on red team from AGP days. Not going back. I'll work with the worse performance by reducing the quality.
    I been on AMD since windows vista. When Nvidia couldnt make good vista drivers.

Was surprised with the performance I got for the price of the AMD card I bought. then I knew I was being robbed by NVidia
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I been on AMD since windows vista. When Nvidia couldnt make good vista drivers.

Was surprised with the performance I got for the price of the AMD card I bought. then I knew I was being robbed by NVidia
    Been with them since the 9800 Pro. Went back green team once with the 8800GTS and then didn't go back again. Just about all of the 8800's that were purchased between me and my friends - one XFX, one BFG and one EVGA - all went bad. The XFX just died but this was during their transition period to AMD/ATI. The BFG literally caught fire - transistor blew out. And the EVGA - the same transistor on the board as the one in the BFG that caught fire - took it out of the machine to clean it and it just fell off when I was using a soft (synthetic bristle) paintbrush to clean it.

Around this time was the early phase of RoHS so that's probably the reason. But we the consumers paid for it.

ATI always made the better cards. Higher bang for buck. No recycling of the GPU. Their problem has always been the driver and back in those days they would get VERY hot in comparison to the nVidia cards. Since ATI however the first thing done was to improve the drivers and then to improve the GPU and cooling.

I have absolutely no reason to go back green. They can keep trying to muscle ATI out - when people realize what they're doing they will lose market share. Because they STILL have it.........
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Been with them since the 9800 Pro. Went back green team once with the 8800GTS and then didn't go back again. Just about all of the 8800's that were purchased between me and my friends - one XFX, one BFG and one EVGA - all went bad. The XFX just died but this was during their transition period to AMD/ATI. The BFG literally caught fire - transistor blew out. And the EVGA - the same transistor on the board as the one in the BFG that caught fire - took it out of the machine to clean it and it just fell off when I was using a soft (synthetic bristle) paintbrush to clean it.

Around this time was the early phase of RoHS so that's probably the reason. But we the consumers paid for it.

ATI always made the better cards. Higher bang for buck. No recycling of the GPU. Their problem has always been the driver and back in those days they would get VERY hot in comparison to the nVidia cards. Since ATI however the first thing done was to improve the drivers and then to improve the GPU and cooling.

I have absolutely no reason to go back green. They can keep trying to muscle ATI out - when people realize what they're doing they will lose market share. Because they STILL have it.........

Other than the game works scandal I still wouldn't have bought a Nvidia GPU. They are always half done and missing features, they only focus on the Fps count because they know normal people wont realize their GPUS are missing vital features.

Example: Nvidia is the main reason DX10 was such a mess and DX10.1 was needed. Nvidia 8800 series and GTX 200 series lacked most DX10 features, While AMD's gpu from HD2000 series had them all. This forced Microsoft to create DX10.1 and only a few games used it because Nvidia bribes. We could have had great efficient graphics if it wasn't for Nvidia.

Now they are still doing it today by purposefully slowing down there own GPU and trying to cripple the competition. look at Asynchronous Compute. Been present in every AMD card since 7000 series but never used because of Who? Nvidia.... Their latest and most expensive cards still do not have this feature.

What was AMD left to do? Create their own API (Mantle) to demonstrate what Asynchronous Compute can do. What has that done? Made sure it is part of Dx 12 spec. which the new Hitman will use heavily for efficient beautiful graphics.

What did Nvidia do to cover their tracks? emulate Asynchronous compute. I cant wait to see how their software implementation works against AMD's hardware implementation on a game that uses it heavily like Hitman will.

I realized after installing the latest driver AMD added a slider to limit tessellation. This is to counter Gameworks using unreasonable amount of tessellation for no reason. Good job AMD.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup