Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FLOW Internet island-wide upgrade

So ahm, since we are all on Flow now technically are Lime Customers considered for any such upgrades as well, or only previous Flow only customers?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Modem died... it came back and got upgraded from 15MB to 20MB...
    Can honestly say I feel the difference in browsing.. pages popping now..

Kinda sad that the internet is so intensive these days you need so much speed to really enjoy it...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    So ahm, since we are all on Flow now technically are Lime Customers considered for any such upgrades as well, or only previous Flow only customers?
    If I am not mistaken you are on ADSL so technically you are limited in terms of upgrades based on distance and overall throughput. At best someone could be upgraded from 2 to 4 depending on how far they live from the exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    If I am not mistaken you are on ADSL so technically you are limited in terms of upgrades based on distance and overall throughput. At best someone could be upgraded from 2 to 4 depending on how far they live from the exchange.
    I live in Mobay yo and have had DSL from ever since C&W introduced the 128 meg package and I'm only a few miles away from their headquarters in town. Eventually upgraded to their 8 megs package and now that Flow bought em out I was having issues with pings and low bandwidth, but seem they sort that out now (mostly). Anyone know for sure if the upgrade is previous Flow only customers or since there was a merger if this applies to previous Lime customers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Modem died... it came back and got upgraded from 15MB to 20MB...
    Can honestly say I feel the difference in browsing.. pages popping now..

Kinda sad that the internet is so intensive these days you need so much speed to really enjoy it...
    Since I got an SSD with firefox on it I've been getting those popping pages (well if all my bandwidth is available). What I need the extra bandwidth for is downloads and streaming as I stream mostly 1080p videos and have to pause my downloads so it can buffer out before re-enabling it and getting annoying now.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Why don't you just switch over to Flow cable internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    I live in Mobay yo and have had DSL from ever since C&W introduced the 128 meg package and I'm only a few miles away from their headquarters in town. Eventually upgraded to their 8 megs package and now that Flow bought em out I was having issues with pings and low bandwidth, but seem they sort that out now (mostly). Anyone know for sure if the upgrade is previous Flow only customers or since there was a merger if this applies to previous Lime customers as well.
    Since you were a LIME customer, you might have to upgrade to their new packages and benefit from the new speeds. Don't think they can upgrade you automatically since you were on LIME's architecture. Probably will change out your cable box and wiring and put you on the Flow cables.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

from 12mb to 25

Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.

I wonder why the upgrades are not consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I wonder why the upgrades are not consistent.

i get more than 25 more often than not

try using cable and wireless as your preferred server.

The below with the cable and wireless server

router log confirms i was getting over 30mbps

Last edited by Kwapster; Dec 24, 2015 at 09:20 PM.
    Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.

Unless the upload speed is also bumped, I'm still switching to Digi.