Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FLOW To Deliver Faster Internet But Mum on Timeline

Default FLOW To Deliver Faster Internet But Mum on Timeline

When Flow,,, When ???... Not that I wan't your service I just want you to offer LTE so you can give Digicel competition thus making them reduce their LTE prices. lol

Birdie told me the service will be ready next month or there-abouts.

Telecom FLOW Jamaica remains mum on a timeline for launching a higher-speed mobile Internet network, despite initially revealing tests in January.

The company is lagging chief rival Digicel Jamaica, which invested $6 billion to provide a faster service, using Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology, and is now rolling out products to its subscribers.

"We'll roll out the LTE network when the time's right ... stay tuned," said FLOW Jamaica Managing Director Garfield Sinclair following the launch of Digicel's service last Thursday.

FLOW offers a High Speed Packet Access (HSPA+), which it dubs 4G. Typical user speeds on HSPA is 4 to 15 megabits per second (Mbps) at peak periods, according to the telecom's website.

The speed achieved by browsers will depend on traffic load. For instance, a test done in the early morning on Constant Spring Road achieved a speed of 7.44 mbps for FLOW, compared to a 24.4 Mbps on Digicel's LTE service.
    http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/artic...t-mum-timeline
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

this is a bit off but does anyone know how to change FLOW ip address ? I notice i suppose to have dynamic ip and have a static for months and want to change my ip as this one keeps saying am in montego bay

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    When Flow,,, When ???... Not that I wan't your service I just want you to offer LTE so you can give Digicel competition thus making them reduce their LTE prices. lol

Birdie told me the service will be ready next month or there-abouts.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/artic...t-mum-timeline
    It wouldn't be wise to give a timeline for when it would be ready, working out these issues could take inordinate amount of time but rest assured, we'll be seeing it VERY soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    this is a bit off but does anyone know how to change FLOW ip address ? I notice i suppose to have dynamic ip and have a static for months and want to change my ip as this one keeps saying am in montego bay
    Think you have to call Flow to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    It wouldn't be wise to give a timeline for when it would be ready, working out these issues could take inordinate amount of time but rest assured, we'll be seeing it VERY soon.
    It needs to be ready for their online Olympic streaming service so expect it by month end, into early July.

Being able to Stream vast amounts of content will be key to their success.

People will only be streaming the Olympics if Flow offers some unlimited plans.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    People will only be streaming the Olympics if Flow offers some unlimited plans.
    Or zero-rate the traffic from the Olympic player...

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerman View Post
    It needs to be ready for their online Olympic streaming service so expect it by month end, into early July.

Being able to Stream vast amounts of content will be key to their success.
    They will be offering packages. Most of the events (not the tradional set - track & field etc) will only be available online. There will probably be very attractive packages to get people hooked. And if you are a flow cable tv subscriber, probably even better rates than others, as it will be an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerman View Post
    They will be offering packages. Most of the events (not the tradional set - track & field etc) will only be available online. There will probably be very attractive packages to get people hooked. And if you are a flow cable tv subscriber, probably even better rates than others, as it will be an extension.
    I thought it was all content that would be accesible with a FLOW ID. Offering cable packages to watch the olympics would be silly, having accessibility via the internet, on your own time, exclusive to FLOW subscribers, is best IMO.

Flow to make announcement in the AM... stay tuned.