Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109

Thread: FLOW Internet island-wide upgrade

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,289
    Rep Power
    10

    Default FLOW Internet island-wide upgrade

    I received word that FLOW will be implementing increased Internet speeds for their customers island-wide. These changes should take place this week and will be for both their wired and mobile customers. Apparently they've been working on this for sometime and will switch it on this week.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I received word that FLOW will be implementing increased Internet speeds for their customers island-wide. These changes should take place this week and will be for both their wired and mobile customers. Apparently they've been working on this for sometime and will switch it on this week.
    Free speed upgrades? They need to upgrade their crap customer care also.
    Network+, MCSE, CCNA, CCNA:Voice, CCNP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,870
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    What speeds we talking bout here?? And does this apply to busienss customers as well?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    13,129
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    They have been doing this quietly for a few weeks. I know the basic package got bumped from 12mb to 15mb.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

    Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2009

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,289
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WanabeR View Post
    Free speed upgrades?
    Yes, that's my understanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    What speeds we talking bout here?? And does this apply to busienss customers as well?
    I heard some speed rates mentioned but can't post that just yet. Not sure about the business customers.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,870
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    They have been doing this quietly for a few weeks. I know the basic package got bumped from 12mb to 15mb.
    I got that free upgrade months ago...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    3AM on the dot while doing some work online my internet went down for a few minutes when it came back I started tranfering a huge file and notice my speeds was 2.5Mib/s. I was on the 15Mb/s package looks like I got bumped to 20.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    13,129
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I got that free upgrade months ago...
    Congrats. So nothing for you to get excited here about then. You already got upgraded.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

    Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2009

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Congrats. So nothing for you to get excited here about then. You already got upgraded.


    I noticed i was getting 25 megs on my 20 megs so it seems i was bumped from last week

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,294
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Had the bundle during a promo last year and was bumped up to 15Mb from 12Mb. disconnected the cable and phone last month because I wasn't using them and got dropped back to 12Mb.

    Since this week I am back up to 15Mb.

    I do hope that wasnt the speed bump.

    Digicel basic speed is 25Mb for less than a grand more. even cheaper if you take the basic bundle.

    If flow doesnt go to over 20Mb for the basic, I'm switching as soon as digi provisions my apartment complex.
    THANK GOD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •