Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 New Budget Build

Default 2016 New Budget Build

Hey guys

New year coming up and i have decided to update my pc. Currently running a Dell Inspiron i3 for all my needs supported by onboard graphics. Yum!

I am seeking a new monitor IPS 23", AMD Kavari processor, FM2+ motherboard, 8gb 2400mhz memory kit, 250gb or bigger ssd. Budget and performance are key.

Recommendations welcome. Help me out guys, please

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
    this is the monitor i want but the prices are all over the place.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Dual-...igabyte+FM2%2B
    This is the mobo but i am not passionate about it
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

First, what's your budget?

Next, what are the peripherals (like mouse, keyboard, etc) that your going to keep?

And are you shopping on Amazon only or can you order from majority of online seller sites?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I did something similar this year, I convinced myself it was a budget build early on then I just went silly with it........Anyways as for your question. Budgetwise your are probably looking at AMD so I would recommend the following my question is why would you want to go FM2+? Is it that you are not planning on adding a video card? Personally I would recommend the following

FX 6300 CPU maybe even a FX 4350
    Cheap ASUS/Gigabyte AM3+ Motherboard
    RAM Speed wont make a big enough difference to justify the associated cost I think you could get away with 1866MHz ram or even 1600MHz but thats just me
    At the $100 end you could get (I know Pezz is going to cringe) a GTX 750Ti
    Or personally I would recommend you spend an extra $30 and get a R9 270 could even go as low as a R9 260 or if you can splurge a little more a R9 380
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Budget. I don't have a budget for the whole build.
    this is my first build in a few years so i am looking to spend what's necessary, even if it takes a few months to get all the components together. I didn't intend to get a video card initially, thus why i chose the Kavari APU +FM2+ mobo route, the ram speed will be essential here since processor would be both graphics and processing at least to begin with. I also have an aluminium case from a previous build. I think i would be shopping from Amazon mostly, but if you could provide incentives to try others, i may be willing to go down that route.
    Therefore that's
    Kavari 7850 + FM2+ mobo, memory kit, 23" IPS monitor, SSD and power supply. The idea is to get the best bang for the buck and with the monitor, i may have that thing for a few years well so i want something that wont annoy me with buyer's remorse three months later.
    The Way is in Training.

I assume you just want the best budget motherboard and budget monitor with a reasonable kick. Your title is a bit misleading though, maybe incremental budget build

Not went through all details, but for ACER also look at:

Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Display

Acer G247HYL bmidx 23.8-Inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor

For the motherboard, the one you selected for FM2+ seems fairly decent. There are a couple to choose from. Not sure if you can get those features for cheaper

Are you going to get an FM2+ processor as well right now, it would not be so wise to get the board alone and have it sit and age. At least save for a complete barebone. Then upgrade monitor
    Or upgrade the monitor first, then later, do a complete barebone upgrade.

This is my opinion because , next month something new might come out but you already bought the motherb which you were not using, and you want that new chipset, that new mb, with that new fm2+ processor.

Also consider eventually having two pcs instead of an upgrade, so that good enuff used parts are not thrown down, not in use.

You can have a barebone with one stick of ram then later upgrade

why you want 256 ssD? 128GB can hold a lot of programs, and data not often access, you put it on a regular hd you can get 1TB with the difference in price but it depends on what load you are putting on the machine, if you think you will have that much programs that you need at your fingertips. It is up to want you have planed.
    Last edited by crosswire; Nov 7, 2015 at 01:43 AM.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

I have been stalking that R250HY monitor for weeks. You make good suggestions and i will heed them. Re the all in one buy, i will contemplate that too. Still weighing the pros and cons but it has been a while since i had a working pc. Re the SSD, at this point, that's honestly me being idle. I want an ssd. I will get one when i get one. Have several working SATA drives now so that's no big deal.
    Hopefully something will catch my eye come black friday and cyber monday.

Thanks again
    The Way is in Training.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMac2 View Post
    I have been stalking that R250HY monitor for weeks. You make good suggestions and i will heed them. Re the all in one buy, i will contemplate that too. Still weighing the pros and cons but it has been a while since i had a working pc. Re the SSD, at this point, that's honestly me being idle. I want an ssd. I will get one when i get one. Have several working SATA drives now so that's no big deal.
    Hopefully something will catch my eye come black friday and cyber monday.

Thanks again
    If you decide to get a SSD, keep an eye on the Samsung Evo series. They are some of the best bang for buck SSD you can find now and they have sales on it all the time.

Also are you building a gaming PC or just one that can watch movie and browse internet and play old school games?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I am a Gamer at heart, but to be honest, I don't now and won't for a while have the time to really burn in gaming. This pc is multipurpose, home theatre, game station, work station. Updating my desk and chair at the same time (which is over several paychecks). I got 2 of these and am quite happy with the upgrade. One is connected to my laptop at present, a Dell N5010 via the HDMI port.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...f_rd_i=desktop
    The Way is in Training.

How do you ship your parts regularly and how much would you pay to ship something like a GPU such as the r9 380?

I ship by various means, but currently am sourcing my parts through a friend's shippers. The monitor cost a pretty penny since customs basically charged me over 10k duty on one of my 130us$ monitors. The memory and motherboard duty was kind of negligible. Not sure how much the duty would be on something like that, but it would depend on the price and the weight.
    The Way is in Training.