Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cable & Wireless(Flow) in buyout talks w/ US company

Quote Originally Posted by Goucham View Post
    Flow employees in some of the other islands were already restive about layoffs due to the merger. I can't imagine this news is going to help.
    Most of the Flow/C&W employees here in Jamaica are under contract and as such will simply be pushed through the door after the merger/sale. Hopefully there will be some improvements with customer service when this all goes through.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

http://www.cwc.com/news-and-media/pr...on-of-cwc.html

It's official. No idea where this is going now.

As it stands currently the LIME network and FLOW networks are still separate. If you call for issues on one or the other they have to transfer you to the relevant department. Technicians are also separate and don't deal with things from the other network.

Customer service sucks hardcore. If you don't know someone, cuss a supervisor (after going into an office) or something of the sort you don't get any answers or get anywhere. The calls to customer care drop far more frequently now - most likely due to poor hand-over to the different networks/switchboards. Mostly on the LIME side IMO. Anyways. Waiting to see.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Nothing new with customer service here. Which is why I must say I believe the entire staff needs to be packed up and sent home. A complete reclassification exercise is much needed following this sale. Customer service for the at Lime has been one of the worst I have ever experienced coming from the ToJ days and that says a lot. Then again what do you expect from a "Lime" considering it's not much different than a "Lemon".
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

The quality of service at Flow (original) have deteriorated significantly across the board since the sale. I'm staring to wonder if the uncertainty is causing some employees to have a don't care attitude as it relates to customer issues or some of them outright sabotaging the system? The problems for myself and clients are mounting: Technical problems, slow and frequent drop internet connection, long wait when calling customer service coupled with frequent disconnect/drop call before you are able to conclude the conversation, the chat session on their website no longer works, no follow-up on issues. plus the management directive to cut off people service at the drop of a hat for over due balances is not helping, and when you do clear your balance they take for ever to restore your service.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Nov 27, 2015 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    The quality of service at Flow (original) have deteriorated significantly across the board since the sale. I'm staring to wonder if the uncertainty is causing some employees to have a don't care attitude as it relates to customer issues or some of them outright sabotaging the system? The problems for myself and clients are mounting: Technical problems, slow and frequent drop internet connection, long wait when calling customer service coupled with frequent disconnect/drop call before you are able to conclude the conversation, the chat session on their website no longer works, no follow-up on issues. plus the management directive to cut off people service at the drop of a hat for over due balances is not helping, and when you do clear your balance they take for ever to restore your service.

So true, I am not getting the speeds i paid for and it seems flow was sold a puss in bag. Did you hear that LIME customers will be getting tv now over copper service? Heard it via their ceo chat.

I need a free speed upgrade for my FLOW absolute package and these people wont even do it.

So a massive international company is about to hold monopoly in a small island country.
    This will end well.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Lightning View Post
    So a massive international company is about to hold monopoly in a small island country.
    This will end well.
    And you're depending on another massive international company to swoop in and save the day rather than looking for a municipal offering that would benefit the consumer rather than the stakeholders and/or private interests (in the case of Digicel)?
    Last edited by Brandysull; Dec 2, 2015 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    And you're depending on another massive international company to swoop in and save the day rather than looking for a municipal offering would benefit the consumer rather than the stakeholders and/or private interests (in the case of Digicel)?
    I think that comment might have been sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Goucham View Post
    I think that comment might have been sarcasm.
    Lol. Just a pinch.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein