Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel Play - FTTH coming to you soon

How reliable have the connections been in terms of drops?
    Calm Like a BOMB

Im in St. Cathrine near old harbour and see Digicel contractors now running cable lines in my community. Seriously didn't expect them to be here already. Lets see how long it takes before the service is actually available.

My service has been rock solid (over 50Mbps) since the second day I had my service connected. Exactly why I switched. I have other issues that they keep promising to address but, after 1 month, nothing but talk from the CSR's and no REAL technician contact (as promised) ever. :-(
    Last edited by Tuxedo; Dec 3, 2015 at 03:59 PM.

I believe I'll be getting the FLOW direct fiber service within the next week or so. Unless they suddenly tell me that it's not available in my area. But once I get it I'll post test results since my largest issue with the Digicel would be the ping.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Im in St. Cathrine near old harbour and see Digicel contractors now running cable lines in my community. Seriously didn't expect them to be here already. Lets see how long it takes before the service is actually available.
    I live in Old Harbour as well and seeing them running cable. I'm please to see them running cable.
    What have me stump, is it that Digicel is using LIME network as their backbone

How is that the ping rate is so low using Digicel Fibre and yet so high on Flow network?

How are they offering such as high speed and yet lime is giving

Is it that Digicel have an alternative way out of the island apart from Flow Fibre?
    Last edited by Dre'; Dec 4, 2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    I live in Old Harbour as well and seeing them running cable. I'm please to see them running cable.
    What have me stump, is it that Digicel is using LIME network as their backbone

How is that the ping rate is so low using Digicel Fibre and yet so high on Flow network?

How are they offering such as high speed and yet lime is giving

Is it that Digicel have an alternative way out of the island apart from Flow Fibre?
    Its great to see Digicel rolling out here, Flow is the only provider where I am. Will be doing some comparisons over the weekend to see which provide the best deal, thank God I didnt tie myself down in a one year contract for Flows $3999 Triple play plan, its sad to see the return of yearly contracts to lock down people.

Not sure why the discrepancy in the ping rates. From what others are saying Flow's undersea fiber is the only game in town.

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/tv/flow-quad-play

It's a one year contract. You get a free Samsung J5 and it's supposed to be direct fiber. Again I'll post more info once I have the service and I've done some tests. For an overview of their fiber services:

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/internet/plans-rates

And for the existing internet plans:

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/inte...internet-plans

Considering that I had intended to disconnect the cable since all the channels we really want to see are now blocked, and my bill was going like 9k-10k per month (not counting my postpaid phone) this works out better for me. I'll pay about 8k and have direct fiber, still keep the cable (just for news if I watch TV........) and not need to pay an additional bill for my postpaid phone. Yeah - also get a free phone (low/mid range) which I just literally handed to my wife.

Phone specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j5-7184.php
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Where in Old Harbour are they?I need some higher speed that what I'm getting?

Yeah. So someone at FLOW doesn't know what's going on really.

I was told that I'd get direct fiber if I use their AVS but that's not the case.

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...Running/page10

See that thread for more info on their AVS and such. A bit disappointed. But - meh.......

Quote Originally Posted by dspjm28 View Post
    Where in Old Harbour are they?I need some higher speed that what I'm getting?
    They have already finish New Harbour, Bodles, Currently within Claremount and Davis Area and Marlie Mount.
    The thing is the cabling foundation might be there but we might not get any service til 2 Quarter of next year.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.