Thread: Hard Drive Bad Sector Software?

Default Hard Drive Bad Sector Software?

I jsut want to know if anyone on this forum can help me with a software that can fix bad sector. I use to use Norton Disc Doctor years ago, but i don't know if they are still around. Does any one have a link to a full version of any software i can use to fix my 72% good Harddrive?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advanced.
    The aim of education should be to teach us how to think, rather than what to think. Hail the one @ 479-9650

If your hard-drive is 28% bad then it's time to look for a new drive. Are you having problems accessing data or are you simply looking to test and mark those bad sectors? Have you tried the Windows built-in error checking tool?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

This is what I used when I had to recover from bad sectors and 'chkdsk' wasn't up to it. http://www.hdat2.com/
    It is a DOS program so you have to burn the ISO to a CD or create a bootable USB drive
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Which is also included in UBCD.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

hdd regenerator is the best software i have ever used to repair bad sectors. it comes on hiren's boot disks.
    the 10.4 version however. as the newer disks dont have the software
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com