Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find this wonderful website?

Default Re:How did you find this wonderful website?

Hmmm...my story is very similar to Xeno's. The creators of wheelsjamaica are firends of mine, they encouraged me to use the site.
    I did, and posted about 3 comments, cars are nice. I love cars that make me feel the Gs. Somehow though, I do not feel the pull as much as posting replies to devnull's quizes, or replying to matrix reloaded posts. I saw the link to techjamaica.com on WJ on May 12 2003, and here I am.

It's a cool site. Not hyped, but cool. 8)
    Besides, who the heck on WJ would understand the following:
    cat /usr/src/linux-2.4/kernel/fork.c | grep "e a b" | cut -c 1-30

A co-worker told me about it. Before that I had no idea that Jamaica had a techsite. I'm glad I was introduced to the site.

I hate to tell you man, but I don't know what that means. I keep telling myself that it's no big deal. It's just cuz you write programmes for Linux and I don't. ;D

I got to techjamaica.com through JALUG. Donavon told us about it at a meeting.

I hardly get to talk tech with people. The techies I know either don't want to share or know only about the stuff they do in their company. It's like they are limited.

Here I can really get feedback from people who sit in front of the computer and experiment with new stuff.

...oh, and there are no freaks here
    That may be a premature assumption. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx

You know...when I'm on wheeljamaica I dont understand what it says but when I'm here its all very clear to me, the whole thing ;D. But why u looking for "e a b" in that file.

But I still don't understand why there are so few kingstonians or even people from the corporate area being members of this site. I'm wondering if it's a psychological thing. Perhaps I should move to Mobay. At least it'd be easier for me to get to the LAN parties... ;D

What is it with kingstonians anway? There are so few of us here. How queer is that? ???

It's very interesting reading how some of the site's MVPs (most valuable posters 8)) actually found the site by chance. By chance I mean by hearing from somebody or seeing a link or seeing it in search results rather than by direct promotion. I shudder at the thought that there are many others out there like you guys who don't yet know about the site :-\. It has been said before and I have to take it seriously, this site needs some more promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by devnull
    You know...when I'm on wheeljamaica I dont understand what it says but when I'm here its all very clear to me, the whole thing ;D. But why u looking for "e a b" in that file.
    If you run this script on a linux box, you will understand the felling we techies get sometimes when dealing with .... nahh!! That's for you to find out now 8)

jamrock just copy and paste in your favorite shell.

Yogihm told me about this site....been hooked since

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx
    jamrock just copy and paste in your favorite shell.
    [kmorris@Local etc]$ cat /usr/src/linux-2.4/kernel/fork.c | grep "e a b" | cut -c 1-30

cat: /usr/src/linux-2.4/kernel/fork.c: No such file or directory

However, cat /usr/src/linux-2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/fork.c | grep "e a b" | cut -c 1-30 yields some result.

My friend introduced me to site, to post a comment on the thread female techies, since then i been hooked. The members are just cool, and hanging around has just been fun. I love the way we all just embrace technology.

Thank you Devnull.